Exam Technique (1 Viewer)

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Personally, I don't think it's cheating. You could argue that "writing" is referring to using a pen or pencil. Plus, how the hell do they know if you made a line with your nail apart from staring at the paper for an hour...

SpreadTheWord

HSC
In my subjects such as Physics, i always do the extended answers first, it gives me confidence and settles me down. Also, the reason i leave multiple choice til last is because they can just be guessed if push-comes-to-shove.

I initially find the first 20 minutes of any exam- any subject very nervous. It annoys me, because i then rush and sometimes make stupid mistakes on things i have knowledge upon :/

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I don't consider scratching in an answer as cheating *shrug*

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
What is wrong with you people?

It's cheating, period.

tambam

HSC
Personally, I don't think it's cheating. You could argue that "writing" is referring to using a pen or pencil. Plus, how the hell do they know if you made a line with your nail apart from staring at the paper for an hour...
It's called 'reading time', not 'no writing' time.
So yes, if you're doing anything that's not reading,then its cheating...

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
It's called 'reading time', not 'no writing' time.
So yes, if you're doing anything that's not reading,then its cheating...
By that logic, if you're reading in writing time, you're also cheating.

Infatuate

HSC
Not true. Other parts of the exam and your sub conscious consider and question even when you're not working on it. SOmething could hit you. You're better of skipping everything you cant do and finishing the exam, then going back. That way you don't lose easy marks and you stand a better chance.
I second this!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)