Exam thoughts?? (1 Viewer)

Wintz

HSC
said there was no change for the last question (switch open and switch off) because the emf force produced was the same. Yeah?

Spoderman19

HSC
The last question in core confused the crap out of me... does anyone actually know the answer? I thought it wouldn't even change lol

MeepTMW

HSC
The last question in core confused the crap out of me... does anyone actually know the answer? I thought it wouldn't even change lol
30a?

The energy firstly has to come from somewhere. Since the brick falls to the ground, its elevation is changing. This means that the energy comes from gravitational potential energy.

Maximum energy = (Egpe at initial altitude) - (Egpe at initial altitude - 1 metre)

Maximum energy = 7.5J (approx)

Can someone verify that they got this too?

30b?

When the switch is open, the brick will be more free to fall than if the switch is closed. When the switch is closed, the lightbulb acts as a load and resists the motion of the turning generator.

EDIT: Request for somebody, can somebody please tell me what they got for Q17 MCQ? I chose C as the answer (trajectory is slightly above original trajectory). This was the elevator question.

RachelGreen

HSC
Nah man, for 17Q, my trajectory was below original trajectory. But I'm probably wrong, should of figured out that question tried to trick me lol. I found multiple choice wayy more difficult than the rest of exam

Ambility

HSC
30a?

The energy firstly has to come from somewhere. Since the brick falls to the ground, its elevation is changing. This means that the energy comes from gravitational potential energy.

Maximum energy = (Egpe at initial altitude) - (Egpe at initial altitude - 1 metre)

Maximum energy = 7.5J (approx)

Can someone verify that they got this too?

30b?

When the switch is open, the brick will be more free to fall than if the switch is closed. When the switch is closed, the lightbulb acts as a load and resists the motion of the turning generator.

EDIT: Request for somebody, can somebody please tell me what they got for Q17 MCQ? I chose C as the answer (trajectory is slightly above original trajectory). This was the elevator question.
I can verify that I got roughly 7.5 Joules.

I also got the trajectory slightly above the original one.

goofgafflaugh123

HSC
I chose C for q17 as well but im not sure I got the same as u for 30a and 30b but for b i said resistance ALSO back emf but im not sure

tommo727

HSC
What did everyone get for Q16 multi choice with the cone of loudspeaker?

EMKsquared

HSC
Yeah i got slightly below. Think i got 80-90 raw, guessing that would be anywhere between 87-93 alligned this year?

tommo727

HSC
For the Mars one, did anyone else find acceleration due to gravity to find its max velocity and therefore max kinetic energy? I remember getting around 7 point something which is what others got so wondering if this is a correct method?

Spoderman19

HSC
I think I lost about 4 marks for MC alone... too many silly mistakes ffs

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I could actually not get through MC without second-guessing everything I was trying to guess - and now I'm looking at some solutions, I'm unsure as to whether I just got a lot wrong or whether they still need to be worked on. Core was alright for me (except that Q30, that was a trainwreck). Medical was nice. LOL

tommo727

HSC
Likewise, B. It was a generator because a mechanical force is applied by pushing the speaker in. I then used Fleming's generator rule and found that the solenoid induced a current clockwise, implying a Y->X current.
Could you explain this please? You're probably right but I thought that a north pole would be created at the right to attract to the south and reduce motion (Lenz's Law), causing anitclockwise current by right hand grip rule so would go X to Y?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)