Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

fan96

617 pages
HSC
Uni Grad
Didn’t see that F was not a letter....

DrMoller

HSC
How much do we reckon b6 alignment cut off is gonna be?

jryl

HSC
Idk on alignment but I feel that exam was the easiest in a while, only hard part was the algorithms most parts was just regurgitating content but paradigms was definitely the easiest in years. What would 90-93 align to?

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
I found it a decent exam.
The BS row column question pissed me off, only just got it.
The 4-6 marker algorithms weren't too hard if you persevered but definitely harder than previous years.
Programming paradigms had nothing new.

Overall definitely a harder exam than previous years but nothing too overly difficult

Last edited:

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
What raw mark do you guys think would get a state rank?

titanium_man23

HSC
im surprised that there was no exponent and mantissa in option 2. The questions were easy, except that last one, which was slightly harder. Section 2 was actually easy. that goddamn table question sucked. what sort method did you guys use for it. I used a bubble sort

DrMoller

HSC
Like I basically did not get the row columb one at all and als failed to get all the ebnf errors.did option topic 2 was pretty east. But I learnt never to use pencil again always use pacer, the pencils make it so hard to write pseudocode X
Clearly, btw for the desk checking was it an infinite loop?

DrMoller

HSC
Btw for the row column question, I didn't get it in the exam but just of the top of my memory of the algorithm, were you supposed to swap the elements diagonally?

jryl

HSC
Thats what I did, didn't have time to completely check table but it was something like 3 numbers in column 1, 2 in column 2, then for the 3rd column nothing in the first row then a number in the 2nd.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Btw for the row column question, I didn't get it in the exam but just of the top of my memory of the algorithm, were you supposed to swap the elements diagonally?
No I don't think so.....

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Oh never mind I get what you mean haha

titanium_man23

HSC
I left row 4, column 3 blank and put marks on the rest, as a guess. It was worth 2 marks, so perhaps if you put a mark on a right place, you would have gotten 1 mark for it.

jryl

HSC
Ran out time to check the row for loop so hoped that because it repeated for an even amount of times the first iteration would have the same arrangement as the 4th.

LC14199

HSC
I'd love to see what was in this exam. Anyone got a copy of it?

My school didn't run this unit during my HSC year, not enough people interested in it. But I'm curious now as a software engineering student to see what you guys had to deal with :p I'm also curious to see if it'll prepare you for a software engineering degree or not.

fan96

617 pages
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd love to see what was in this exam. Anyone got a copy of it?

My school didn't run this unit during my HSC year, not enough people interested in it. But I'm curious now as a software engineering student to see what you guys had to deal with :p I'm also curious to see if it'll prepare you for a software engineering degree or not.
The exam should be up on NESA's site in a few days.

If you look at previous papers it was similar to that except I think this year had more algorithms in it.

croakyengine

HSC
Interested to see what you think about it! I'm doing my HSC in 2019, and I'm most likely going to pop off to an IT related field of studies if all goes well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)