Exam timing... (1 Viewer)

scorpi0n

HSC
How long are you guys gonna spend on each section? i mean i doubt anyone will actually spend 35 mins on multi choice...more like 10-15 is what i'm aiming for.

extra time will come in handy i reckon, especially considering the amount of reading needed in SDD exams. questions are like 1 page long just describing the scenario...

Doogsy

time isnt an issue for me in SDD, you can usually do the exam twice over in the time they give you. I think the extra time is for creating your own algorithms, as they can be difficult to produce under rushed curcumstances.

Doogsy

you should spend a considerable amount of time on multiple choice though. They are worth 1 mark each, and a total of 20 marks. thats quite a percentage of the total mark.
Multiple choice are easy to gain marks on, but also far to easy to lose marks on.

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
so so true, doogsy ... my mult choice in the trial i lost like 5 easy marks !!!! so annoying just think logically, but dont over analyse the question as i usually tend to do :(

DJGerber

3rd Year BIT @ UTS
HSC

smallcattle

HSC
DJGerber said:
Remember that you can refine your multiple choice skills online:
http://www4.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/go/higher-school-certificate/software-design-and-development/

I did 3 sets of 20 questions and in each I got 2 wrong. ARGH. Mostly they are dodgy questions where it could really be two answers... in fact in 2002 there were two multiple choice questions where they accepted two choices for each. I think this happens when the markers yell at the examiners.
i did those questions so many times i just memorised them all :(

i need more M/C questions!!

scorpi0n

HSC
smallcattle said:
i did those questions so many times i just memorised them all :(

i need more M/C questions!!
hahaha yeah me too...i just know theres going to be one of those really ambiguous questions in the hsc..i want more practice. oh well, i'll just have to go over my notes and hope for the best.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)