Exam Tip for Writing Fast (1 Viewer)

zlum23

HSC
Hi, I have an assessment where I have 40 mins to write an analytical essay and 20 mins for an imaginative piece (times are recommended). I have currently 1000 words for the essay and 600 words for the story. I have received positive feedback for both which makes in difficult for me to cut down on the words, especially for the story. Do you have any tips on how I can go into this exam?

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Hi, I have an assessment where I have 40 mins to write an analytical essay and 20 mins for an imaginative piece (times are recommended). I have currently 1000 words for the essay and 600 words for the story. I have received positive feedback for both which makes in difficult for me to cut down on the words, especially for the story. Do you have any tips on how I can go into this exam?
if the question is the same just memorise and regurgitate?

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
the expectation is that students should be able to write an average of 900-1100 words (~1200 if you're no1 speedy) in 40 minutes in an essay, so i think your essay fits the time limit anyway (so does your module c). so basically all you need to do is practise regurgitating your essay handwritten in timed conditions (to challenge yourself and test your adapting you could try to do the q in response to a trial q or something) and then try and gauge whether you can or can't finish it in the time limit

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
your pens can also help. Dont use pilot frixion pens, use rollerball.

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
Apparently something to do with putting batteries on the end of your pen might also work.

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
My biggest mistake was using a really trash cheap ballpoint pen in my HSC last year lMAO I FORGOT to use the really good pen i borrowed from my friend

nsw..wollongong

HSC
i got told off by my teachers for using a rlly inky gel pen in my prelims bc they couldn't read it 💀

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)