• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

exam tips?? handwriting! (1 Viewer)

ellie66

HSC
hey-kind of random- but can anyone give me a good tip- i need to write much faster for the hsc exam! Anyone know of a good pen, or handwriting style? would love it!
x

Steve Mate

HSC
Don't know if it will make it much faster but i fnd it helps me especially with arm tiredness towards the end of an exam... Whenever you find a really smooth/light pen put it aside and save it for exams. Then do all other writing with the worst and heaviest pens. Then when you come to the exams you can use the smoothest(as in ink coming out) and lightest and it will fill lighter and be easier to write faster. I even swap ink cartridges around and put them in the lightest pens.

Maybe try writing smaller, it will mean you have to write less per word.
Use running/cursive writing. Means you dont hve to lift up the pen as much

Dunno if that helps, hope it does. Its a trcky one isnt it!

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Practice, Practice, Practice!

Its really the only way to improve your writting and speed, not only will you improve but you will also be learning techniques and the text at the same time. But as a general rule try running writings its much faster and better, lighter pen and don't press so hard.

chuckabanjo

HSC
I just discovered gel pens - they are so much easier to write with! They're smooth and flowy so you can write a lot quicker (for me anyway). I don't know if that's what they're called or not, but they're kind of gel-y . . .
hope it helps!

shimmy&shine

HSC
hhmmm... I prefer biros, not gel pens. but maybe i just haven't come by good ones.

anyway, I have three pointers.
firstly, don't grip hard. practice writing pressing lightly. Less pressure, quicker and smoother writing.
secondly, I use a range of pens with different sized grips. sometimes its just nice to have a different thickness of pens.
lastly, running writing, that is, if you don't do this already.

best of luck.

i used to think I would never have this problem, ever. But then suddenly I felt a bit of pain in my right hand very randomly. Not anymore, but now I understand that writing essays can be a problem for some people.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah practice writing essay after essay under a specified time limit, then your writing will be quicker
just make sure its readible

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
not only practise... but i find that pens that are thinner thicknesses are usually faster and easier to write with AND they allow for easier reading by the marker later on.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Notice there are two pens in the picture:

Do not get the skinny black one regardless of ink colour, those pens are extremely uncomfortable during an exam ... the one adjacent to it is much more comfortable, just get one that has a nice grip ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)