Exams and Parra Campus (1 Viewer)

= Jennifer =

HSC
what do people think of the idea of how some of our exams are at Penrith Campus

personally for me it is going to be very hard to get there for example if i have an exam at 8:30am i will need to catch the train at 6:30 am...what about the rest of you

Angel45

HSC
Yeah, although, I looked at the plans on the net...I mean i'm no architecture but i think the design will look out of place with the 'old world' buildings... the library's not too bad coz it's sort of set apart but i dunno:S.. haha.. just my 2 cents.

spose it'll make more teaching space which they seem to need

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
8am exams at Richmond is a killer. I have to leave home at like 4:30am and catch like 3 trains! Hopefully, they won't schuedule my one exam at 8am in the morning again :rolleyes:

klh

HSC
i think the issue of getting there isnt as big as wher the hell is my exam room. Come exam time, you probably have to find you examroom whihc hopefully isnt in some corner [common at k'wood]. Ive been to penrith so im not that concerned much, i mean exams start at 9 and 2 so meh...i can ge tthere by public transport.
they also said that they will hold some exams at parra: form UWS:
Parramatta Students: Due to the extensive building works at Parramatta, it will only be possible to hold a limited number of exams at the Parramatta Campus. As a result, your exams will most likely be held at the Penrith Campus.

some most will but some lucky ones get it at parra.

what news...why dont they just let us stay at parra, i mean its not like EM, EG etc are that affected, so hwy most? plus those demountables in place, sheesh. and i am also a bit angry coz i trasnferred to parra to get away from penrith, but it seems like life is against me again, i have to go to penrith again....

edit: how do oyu know exam time is8.30? the thing isnt published yet...and ive always known that it starts at 9 and 2...

L

LaraB

natstar said:
It sux, even though its not relevent to me. I'm a Blacktown student and I had to do an exam at Parra last Sat at 8.30, so a 6.30 start was bad for me too. Though think on the brightside, they will have a nice uni campus when all the building/construction/whatever they are doing is finished.
not really....

its just a few buildings which aren't even for the faculties we use so is no help to us.

Besides, way the proposed lecture theatre's going, we'll have graduated before its done and we've got a looong course lol

L

LaraB

i don't see why you're all stressing.

Not all exams are going to be shifted there.... and besides - think about where we had exams last semester - i didn't have any in any of the effected buildings so logically, they're gonna send the people to penrith who would've been in the buildings that are affected. A lot of exams fit in the auditorium and that block which is totally unaffected by construction so it's no biggy.

you may not even have morning exams so early mornings may not matter anyway

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Angel45 said:
Yeah, although, I looked at the plans on the net...I mean i'm no architecture but i think the design will look out of place with the 'old world' buildings... the library's not too bad coz it's sort of set apart but i dunno:S.. haha.. just my 2 cents.

spose it'll make more teaching space which they seem to need
can you post the link plz....

anyway i find it annoying, tho its not so hard for me to get there, but i do understand it gona be bad for the ppl living at the city.

hmm if they havent thought of this... they should stop building for 3 weeks and problem solved....

theone123

blue essence
HSC
theone123 said:
can you post the link plz....

anyway i find it annoying, tho its not so hard for me to get there, but i do understand it gona be bad for the ppl living at the city.

hmm if they havent thought of this... they should stop building for 3 weeks and problem solved....
never mind i found

its looks good a 3 leveled building and its pretty comprehensive with some lecture rooms, mini lecture rooms, high tech computer labs, tutorial rooms. and some mechinical plant thingy...

its going to be an advancement for da campus, cuz we do need new labs...

check it out...

http://www.uws.edu.au/download.php?...Teaching_SmallV2.pdf&mimetype=application/pdf

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Did no one actually read jens post in whole?

for example if
I think she knows the timeable isn't out. Shes saying if she does have an exam at 8:30am.

L

LaraB

Cape said:
Did no one actually read jens post in whole?

I think she knows the timeable isn't out. Shes saying if she does have an exam at 8:30am.
we know :p obviously people read it - just pointing out that it's pointless stressing over it now since you may not even be there nor have a morning exam anyways so it could be 100% irrelevant....

and its no biggy... plenty of people at parra campus travel long distances to start with and you don't see them having a whinge about early exams... just be thankful you're n ot at a city uni coz friends travel from out mny way for 830am beginning exams every semester and have to leave home at 545 to make sure they get there on time accounting for transport stuff ups...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I always get early exams in the morning. It pisses me off. I hate the morning. I can't think that early, plus the awful times I have to wake up. Why can't they put the exams somewhere else, or slightly later.

j_davo24

HSC
It's a load of crap! There was construction last time we had exams and they still let us do them there, not only that they held the deffered exams there last semester. So what's the real reason? UWS is terrible at planning and administration, and why penrith? Wouldn't it amke more sense to move to the closest campus to Parra, which is probably Blacktown.

C'mon UWS give us another excuse...

klh

HSC
its possible that penrith has more space since it prob. does not have alto of enrolemnts as say parra and also has many more rooms availaable. i mean think about fitting more peopel around bankstwon? [no idea what blacktown is like] alternatively they may have wanteed us to go to H'bury which would be a greater nightmare.

i posted the message that it says most of our exams not just some, so it seems that it will hold most at penrith anot not care about the classrooms there. maybe its the contract its under in that thats the time they buld and make alot of noise whihc may disturb exams etc.

L

LaraB

j_davo24 said:
It's a load of crap! There was construction last time we had exams and they still let us do them there, not only that they held the deffered exams there last semester. So what's the real reason? UWS is terrible at planning and administration, and why penrith? Wouldn't it amke more sense to move to the closest campus to Parra, which is probably Blacktown.

C'mon UWS give us another excuse...
no it wouldn't make sense to make it blacktown

blacktown has very limited room and is much less accessible for a lot of students than penrith. plus - there is the TAFE and School located there and due to their exams etc there would be even less parking etc

yes there was construction last time but obviously it wasn't as disruptive as it is now and it is due to room availability due to construction not just that there is construction... last time construction did not effect availability of rooms so obviously it wasn't a problem then

as i said before - why whinge.. you don't even know if your exams are gonna be there... for all everyone knows they may end up having all their exams as parra campus anyways and besides - if you were at any other uni you'd be travelling at that time of day for that length of time, if not more, guaranteed to begin with... everyone else manages to deal with it

j_davo24

HSC
"yes there was construction last time but obviously it wasn't as disruptive as it is now"

And making some people travel further, and away from there home campus is not disruptive? I enrolled at Parra campus, why shouldn't I be allowed to study there?

If they can host an open day with construction going on surely they can handle exams...

L

LaraB

j_davo24 said:
"yes there was construction last time but obviously it wasn't as disruptive as it is now"

And making some people travel further, and away from there home campus is not disruptive? I enrolled at Parra campus, why shouldn't I be allowed to study there?

If they can host an open day with construction going on surely they can handle exams...
you don't need relative quiet and calm to host an open day... open days have nothing to do with exams in any way shape or form so its a pointless analogy

if its going to disrupt your life that much take it up with the uni...

either do something about it or stop whinging

i'm at parra campus, its a 20 minute drive to parra, bout 50minutes to penrith, big shit its gonna be for 4days at most if i even end up there its not that big a deal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)