Exams? (1 Viewer)

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
Everyone finished yet? Is is it time to start the "predict your marks" thread again?

rific

HSC
The_highwayman said:
no :(

got one tomorrow.

And i'm not even sticking with teaching anymore :(:(

Stupid education subjects :(
From one exam/semester? It does get better, no, really. I don't have any exams, haven't since last year, I think I had one last year? Anyway, it does get better, wait until you do a prac. Was this in relation to 1003? I don't remember which one that was exactly, but most of first year was a bit dodgy. Things get a bit more relaxed as you go on.

rific

HSC
Fair enough, it's not for everyone, but still, wait until you're first prac, or talk to a teacher or someone to make a decision, I know in the first sem it can seem pretty daunting, and that you don'tthink you could ever do it, but teaching's not like uni at all.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
i went and spoke with a few of my teachers when i decided to choose the course and they all seemed a little surprised. Then i spoke to one yesterday when i finally made my choice to head in a new direction and she was all for it, suggesting other options. i value her opinion. She felt that i would be 'limiting' myself with teaching, needing a different challenge.

rific

HSC
The_highwayman said:
i went and spoke with a few of my teachers when i decided to choose the course and they all seemed a little surprised. Then i spoke to one yesterday when i finally made my choice to head in a new direction and she was all for it, suggesting other options. i value her opinion. She felt that i would be 'limiting' myself with teaching, needing a different challenge.
Fair enough, at least you've thought about it. I'm surprised a teacher said that teaching is limiting and not a challenge enough, I mean, I think it can be limiting, but every profession has that potential. Still, if you're moving from teaching, all the best (I still think you should wait until prac, but the downside with that is the cost of 3 semesters if you still decide it's not for you).

HSC
well, when she said limiting i think she was referring to the fact that after you finish the degree you get a job as a teacher and, in most cases, that is where you stay for many years. I mean, sure, you can become a principle or something further down the track but there is still only so many careers that can come from a teaching degree. Not that that is a bad thing. If you love the job then it's brilliant. But if i was to do the degree and then find out i hate teaching there isn't really anywhere for me to go without doing further study.

And i don't think she meant teaching wasn't challenging. On the contrary, since i've been studying this course i've ompletely renewed my opinion of teaching. it can be tough...and all i've done is two peer teaching sessions :p
The teacher in question said that she thought i needed a different challenge; one that suited me more. I'm not really a people-person, i mean, i'm not a hermit either, but teachers need to be approachable and i don't really think i am. Plus i would find it really hard to teach kids who "just don't get it". That would be damn frustrating and i have a short temper....:)

I guess some people are meant to be be teachers and some aren't. I think i'm the latter.

EDIT: It's all over! did the exam yesterday. Finished in 2 hours and turns out we had 2.5 :p

Last edited:

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Yay for being all finished (although i have actually been on hols for a week already =p).

Well i was just thinking...i dont know of any science teacher so far that has been approachable. And they all (in my experience) have short tempers!

What chem lab are you in for next semester? I didnt get the one i wanted, and i had been sitting online since 8:30! Nor did i get the Food Science one i wanted either. Whinge whinge. Anyway im on Thurs 1-4.

HSC
i am in monday "sharks" 1-4.

they originally had a limit of 5 people per lab. then they upped it to ten. Now it's up to 14-15 i think. check and see if there is a vacancy in the one you wanted now. i only just got into the one i wanted at first. I was like "WHAT!? 5 people!!?"

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Yeah it filled up anyway...i wanted wednesday, but turns out that is the only day i could do Food Science so all in all not happy. Neeever mind..although it would be good if staff responded to emails =(

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
I finished!!!

Yay for prac being over!! Damn it was cold today out on the sports oval!!

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
The_highwayman said:
do you know where we can pick up our prac books from CHEM1010??

Exam results are released on the 14th!
Ian's office? Im not sure...i think there was something on the discussion board about it if you really really wanted to go find it =p Just because i am nice, and also curious, i found the thread - someone said not until after the final grad eis relesed, but ian didnt say anything.

The 14th is ages away!!! I cant wait 2 more weeks....to find out if i failed HUBS that is =p

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Some of my exam results have already appeared on the Grades section of blackboard.

Is that normal? Are they usually different when the final results come out?

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
yes, it is normal for some subjects to release grades early. It is highly likely that your marks that are released officially on the 14th of july will be the same as the ones on blackboard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)