Excerpt in the question (1 Viewer)

yepImhere

HSC
Hello guys,
Just wondering what the best thing to do is when you get an excerpt as part of the essay question? How are you supposed to put it in, are you meant to directly reference/quote it and does it need to be in your intro? Or are you more taking the themes from it and writing about those and then using the excerpt as evidence?

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Hello guys,
Just wondering what the best thing to do is when you get an excerpt as part of the essay question? How are you supposed to put it in, are you meant to directly reference/quote it and does it need to be in your intro? Or are you more taking the themes from it and writing about those and then using the excerpt as evidence?
Which module is this for? e.g. for mod B eliot if you get an excerpt I think you have to directly analyse the part they give you and also incorporate that poem into your response

breadcrumbs

HSC
for eliot my teacher said u should be taking examples from that excerpt while also using ur own examples bc then the markers just gonna think u know nothing abt the poem that was specified and are trying to bs ur way through using only the excerpt they gave u
for the intro im pretty sure u dont need to specifically reference the extract but still introduce the poem that its from like usual

yepImhere

HSC
I'm doing artist of the floating world for mod B and then donne and W;t for mod A, so if I was to get an excerpt for either one, I should make reference to it and take quotes from it but also still incorporate my other evidence?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)