Exchange Program (1 Viewer)

Chicago

Now how heavy is that??!!
HSC
Yo,

I heard that to go on exchange from USYD that you need to maintain at least a credit average....can someone like verify this?? And what happends if you dont achieve this??? Are you like screwed, or is it you show money and they'll let you go???

Cheers

thumb

34t43
HSC
N/A
I think you'll find the answer to this question to be:

Yes, you're screwed without credit average.

Chicago

Now how heavy is that??!!
HSC
thumb said:
I think you'll find the answer to this question to be:

Yes, you're screwed without credit average.
Now credit "average" so does that mean credit in every course you do, or is that like a pass in one course and a distinction in another equals a credit??? Im confused....see im only in first year at sydney, just wanted to plan ahead....and i presume they look at the marks for all of the years youve studied??

thumb

34t43
HSC
N/A
Yes, it means an average.. ie if you work out your WAM (weighted average mark) over ALL units of study it has to be over 65.

It might seem like an arbitary way of judging applications, but it seems to work.

Plus, as Brogan said, Credit's not too hard to maintain.

HSC
I'd say it is true, because (not to sound like a total prat, but..) you're representing your uni/Australia over there so why wouldn't they rather send students with good averages? Plus isn't it fair that people who put in more effort (not just money) are given more opportunity?

If I work hard and manage to go on exchange I'll be pretty pissed off if other people just 'show money' and get to go, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)