• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Excited about chemistry (1 Viewer)

Haku

is anyone else really excited about the chemistry exam? i am so excited. Just got to go through tomorrows 3unit math and than getting on to chemistry.

poodoorfan

i like the chemistry exam as you only have to write short answer compared to stuff like english or history, BUT i absolutely hate chemistry sooooooooooo much, so am partly looking forward to it cos of the way it's set out and partly so i never have to do any chemistry EVER EVER again

Ghost1788

HSC
i dont mind chem..just dread the day cause i have to do 2 3hr exams (chem + Software)

Haku

yea, its short for those 2-3 markers, but he those 4-7 marks i couldn;t find enough room to fit all the stuff in. maybe my writing is big?

tell me, how many words u write per line on those 6-7 markers for the core topics.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
I'm looking forward to it. I like preparing for it too.

I like it even more because it's my last exam.

Nosadness: For my Chemistry trial, there were some 4, 5, 6 or 7 markers where I wrote over the lines and at least another A4 page.

Last edited:

Ghost1788

HSC
nosadness said:
yea, its short for those 2-3 markers, but he those 4-7 marks i couldn;t find enough room to fit all the stuff in. maybe my writing is big?

tell me, how many words u write per line on those 6-7 markers for the core topics.
dont count your words...remember its the quality of your answer not the quantity of it....

the number of lines given is a guide to how long you answer should be...you should need much more than it unless you write big or you scribbled out some of your answer when you reallised it didnt make sense or you were on the wrong train of thought.

Haku

Dreamerish*~ said:
I'm looking forward to it. I like preparing for it too.

I like it even more because it's my last exam.

Nosadness: For my Chemistry trial, there were some 4, 5, 6 or 7 markers where I wrote over the lines and at least another A4 page.
yea, thats like too. for a 7 markers i write around 1 A4 page, the normal book ones. but i just can;lt see where i can leave out crap. just like homer simpson said "every word is as important as the next, maybe more important...wait, no just as important" (in the max power episode). i love my simpsons.

glad to hear that dreamerish write alot too. oh and if u write way way over, and there is no place to fit what do u do?

and dreamerish how many words per line for the short answers average?

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
nosadness said:
yea, thats like too. for a 7 markers i write around 1 A4 page, the normal book ones. but i just can;lt see where i can leave out crap. just like homer simpson said "every word is as important as the next, maybe more important...wait, no just as important" (in the max power episode). i love my simpsons.

glad to hear that dreamerish write alot too. oh and if u write way way over, and there is no place to fit what do u do?

and dreamerish how many words per line for the short answers average?
I asked for like 10 extra sheets. They were stapled to the paper so they weren't lost. I'm sure they would be even more careful in the HSC.

Probably 10? 15?

Haku

hm...i dun write that less, 8 words. oh so for ur trials u got extra sheets eh.

and on the sheet they gave u is it like u write "Question(x) continued"

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
nosadness said:
hm...i dun write that less, 8 words. oh so for ur trials u got extra sheets eh.

and on the sheet they gave u is it like u write "Question(x) continued"
Yup, that's exactly right.

HSC
I just took up all the available room on the page, i write from far left to far right of the page regardless if lines are there, imo some questions they dont give enough room, like 7 marks and 3/4 of page I dont think you can get full marks unless your 100% spot on with an effeciently short answer which most people can't cook up under stress

sychikmoron

I Love CHEMISTRY cos I'm good at it, but sometimes its SOO BORING! LIKE production of materials. URGGGGGGGG....just having to memorise everything.....

Haku

its so easy for chemistry to learn over the syllabus requirements, cause there is so much info.

the more i look at chem the more i learn new stuff and forget old...which is more important

serge

HSC
What do you think about chem being 3 hrs long?

the chem exam should be ok

what does everyone think about time?
(I think 3hrs is overkill)

Last edited:

karen88

Radioactive Queen
HSC
chem is my worst sub.. and i barely had time to study for it cos my ipt which is a day b4 is more important...

Haku

i think the time is just right. but i so tend to write and rant on for ages and talk about things thats on the point and also abit on the point. gotta cut down the answers than should be just fine. :gridnod:

thunderdax

I AM JESUS LOL!
HSC
serge said:
the chem exam should be ok

what does everyone think about time?
(I think 3hrs is overkill)
They need to have a long enough test to test most aspects of the syllabus. The 3 hours gives you time to plan and clearly address the questions.

serge

HSC
thunderdax said:
They need to have a long enough test to test most aspects of the syllabus. The 3 hours gives you time to plan and clearly address the questions.
yeh, i lack in the planning aspect, so my responses stop being
'logical and succinct,' which is needed for a band 6 :S

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
karen88 said:
chem is my worst sub.. and i barely had time to study for it cos my ipt which is a day b4 is more important...
I hate how they shoved legal in the first week instead of leaving it to the last week like they're supposed to. cut down on my study time a lot :/ cos that is a very heavy, info heavy course. chem is also my worst sub, and I have modern the day afterward, how wonderful. It's so difficult shifting my mind from thinking the way you have to in english and the humanities, to the way you have to in science. And I don't do maths this year, so it's even harder - anyone else have the same problem?

LostAuzzie

HSC
cherryblossom said:
I hate how they shoved legal in the first week instead of leaving it to the last week like they're supposed to. cut down on my study time a lot :/ cos that is a very heavy, info heavy course. chem is also my worst sub, and I have modern the day afterward, how wonderful. It's so difficult shifting my mind from thinking the way you have to in english and the humanities, to the way you have to in science. And I don't do maths this year, so it's even harder - anyone else have the same problem?
I was one of the lucky ones, My exam timetable was categorized:
Week1: English & RE (humanities etc)
Week2: Maths
Week3: Science

However Im slightly annoyed that there isnt more time between physics and chemistry, gotta study both at the same time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)