excuses not to come into work (1 Viewer)

mm_d14

HSC
what are like sicknesses that are good to call in sick for work? that goes for a couple of days, or other good excuses .

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
if you want a sickness that goes for a couple of days you are probably going to need a doctors certificate, so itll be difficult to fake. I dunno, most people just say the flu or a 'vomiting virus' cause apparently theres always one of those going around

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
"back pain" go to the doctors on the first day of desired holiday. Act like u are in heaps of pain, when they ask what happened say you were moving around your tv at home and u felt a sharp pain in your back and fell down.
He will check u out but find nothing wrong ofcourse...they then have to put it down as muscular so u basically get a few days off work free as backs are really hard to say you are lieing about.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
last week i got my sister to call in sick for me
she said soha hasnt been able to get out of bed all day shes really sick and cant come into work

one that always works..i use it to go home early
for the ladies
you say you just got ur period..and u feel like shit..most other women will understand and the guys will be like err okay

laney

HSC
if u need a docs certificate, just go to your doc and say you have diarrhoea and you feel sick cause of it. it's one they can't really prove you're lying about.

davo_

good kid
HSC
Most doctors are quite easy to get a doctors certificate off... It's really not that hard to get one (except if your G.P is House.)

klaw

HSC
soha said:
last week i got my sister to call in sick for me
she said soha hasnt been able to get out of bed all day shes really sick and cant come into work

one that always works..i use it to go home early
for the ladies
you say you just got ur period..and u feel like shit..most other women will understand and the guys will be like err okay
but you can't get periods 10 days a month!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
If they question the frequency of your periods, just start using words like "ovaries" "fallopian tubes" "endometriosis" "heavy flow" and your boss (particularly male) will not ask anymore questions ever again hahahaha

Cold isn't a good one, because you usually take awhile to get over cold symptoms so they will wonder why you have no residual symptoms. I would probably go for gastro/food poisioning because nobody really wants to know about it.

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
Best thing is that for basically anything you say you can't get in trouble, ie me at Target, they refused to let me swap a shift they gave me on short notice that was on my birthday which I had asked not to be called in for and then I got dad to call in sick and they were shitty with me for.. umm... like the rest of my short career and I got the whole "Don't you hate it when people call in sick and they're not" with the evil eye from my manager and the assistant manager took pity on me thinking I didnt know what a sick day was and explained you should be sick to have one... so I claimed it ruined my birthday and got semi teary like it actually had ruined my birthday and she shut up...

Point being: they shouldnt be able to fire you but dont quote me on that (unless you show up on the big screen at the footy or cricket)

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
if ur casual they cant fire u for calling in sick
u can cancel ur shift at the last minute and they can cancel ur shift at the last minute
so they can stick it..and as a casual u dont even need a docs certifcate

HSC
Food poisoning.

Tell your doctor that you have really bad headaches and keep throwing up. He'll just tell you your headaches are caused by dehydration and write you a prescription.

If your boss asks questions, prepare some graphic responses so s/he'll never ask again. e.g. orange diarrhoea, greenish phlegm etc.

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
i've smsed my boss saying i lost my voice so i can't come in...or you could say you have a migraine.....in retail you need a day off and any excuse will do ...

P

pLuvia

just say your sick, and be more specific like say, ive been vomiting since this morning and speak in a really low voice to actually make it look like your sick

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
um, EW.

i didnt know that :s are you serious??????
yeah ofcourse
people have hormone problems and differnet cycles
some get it for weeks..months..days..one day..random bleeding
etc..for some its bizarre..for some its normal

julius

Banned
HSC
'I had temperature' and give them a doctor's certificate. They aren't hard to get.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)