• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Executions in IRAN (1 Viewer)

tempco

HSC
iran is stock pilling weapons? oh right, you mean "WMDs". :uhhuh:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
If Iraq and N.Korea have taught the non-US world anything, it's that it pays to have nukleer gear.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
no, i mean convential weopons and some suspisicous activities which could mean nuclear weopons.

everyone knows Iran is a hostile country.

i wonder if they still have those chemical weopons left over from their war with Iraq?

its kind of sick that any government would consider homosexuality a crime, even worse is they consder it a crime punishable by death.

The iranian government is a joke, it is the most corrupt system i have ever seen, so anyone who thinks the Iranian system is so great and so just... they have probably been influenced by biased sources and havent looked at the bigger picture

CrashOveride

HSC
australian politicians recently spoke out about australia pursuing nuclear energy further.

everybody is stockpiling weapons these days.

tempco

HSC
Serius said:
no, i mean convential weopons and some suspisicous activities which could mean nuclear weopons.

everyone knows Iran is a hostile country.

i wonder if they still have those chemical weopons left over from their war with Iraq?

its kind of sick that any government would consider homosexuality a crime, even worse is they consder it a crime punishable by death.

The iranian government is a joke, it is the most corrupt system i have ever seen, so anyone who thinks the Iranian system is so great and so just... they have probably been influenced by biased sources and havent looked at the bigger picture
what do you mean by "hostile country"? i mean, bush seems to agree that the majority of countries in the middle east are potential hostiles.

as for homosexuality being a crime punishable by death, they also consider adultery punishable by death. i'm guessing you don't agree with that either?

and yes, the government is a joke.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
walrusbear said:
what is there to say?
obviously killing people for being homosexuality is awful

i was kinda waiting for someone to say something interesting instead i see a lot of homophobic crap.

i think you're overstating this case though? i'll usually offer a reason for criticising someone's post. i figured in this case the stuff posted was obviously silly.
The court also found that they had raped a 13 y/o boy. Did you read the article? Or just the title?

walrusbear

HSC
neo_o said:
The court also found that they had raped a 13 y/o boy. Did you read the article? Or just the title?
read the title and skimmed over the article
i still think death penalty is a bad thing but if its true then i'm not surprised they want it

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
tempco said:
what do you mean by "hostile country"? i mean, bush seems to agree that the majority of countries in the middle east are potential hostiles.

as for homosexuality being a crime punishable by death, they also consider adultery punishable by death. i'm guessing you don't agree with that either?

and yes, the government is a joke.
hostile country...hmmm a hard one for me to define. it is hostile in that it is a corrupt, non-democratic government. i didnt really like how they celebrated their sporting heroes acheivements simply because they refused to compete against jews... made me feel a bit disgusted.
i suppose i mean that they have a "young" way of thinking. They are more prone to war, to hostilities. I would call America a more mature country in their attitudes to war[ i can see myself getting flamed for this one, but i stand by my claim], and why the go to war. Iranian attitudes seem to be more aggressive, more like they are out to prove themselves...hence the analogy of being young, like a young male trying to show the world how hard he is. America has allready proven themselves, everyone knows they are tough so they go to war less easily and when they do its for different reasons.

Iran's youth becomes scary when we talk about nuclear weopons... America is more trusted as they realise what would happen if they used nuclear weopons-- hence the MADD project. Iran is more likely to use them-- regardless of the consequences which would be retaliations and the possible destruction of the world if everyone else started firing everywhere in retaliation.

If/When Iran's suspected nucelar weopons become more public, given Americas current leader and his attitudes to war... i can see us facing a messy little conflict.

As for Iran's legal system, i can empathise with them, but i do not on any grounds agree with them. I can see why they would want to execute homosexuals- because some people are afraid of them. i can see why they would want to execute cheating wives-- a deterent, who wants their wife cheating on them?
but i do not agree with them. In fact iam disgusted by their attitudes. Homosexuals should not be feared or hated, they should be punished for being who they are. Adultry is not as bad as some peopel think it is. When you can uinderstand their motives, you can understand why they cheat.

I will assume you know details about Iran's government so i wont go into detail

as a comment on this thread in general, iam shocked in 2 ways

firstly that some people seem to think that this execution was allright

secondly, the open-mindedness of many people who reply here... after reading the first post i expected people to simply damn the Iranians or to cheer them on. I did expect a real discussion to form

Last edited:

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
since when did iranians become arabs?

anyway thats the law in that country. if you dont like it dont be gay there, go be gay somewhere else...

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
It would be nice if people studied more International Relations before waxing lyrical on it,

Every state is a potential enemy, and all dealings between states (at unit level) will be coloured by this.....

Welcome to the real world of realism and neo-realism, the docterines you are hinting at (eg neo-liberal insitutionalism) are great for low-politics however are idealist docterines that fail in the high-politics arena.

walrusbear

HSC
kangaroo said:
Firstly, I have to say that these executions are horrible. Yes God does condemn homosexuality in the bible several times, even saying that they (Along with drunkards, murderers etc) will be put to death. However, I believe that only He has the power to decide when they should. Perhaps he didn't intervene and not stop it because He was living his word from the bible, and punishing sinners.
Yes we are all sinners. The ONLY way we can be granted forgiveness from our sins is to go to confession and pay repentance from our heart.
Yes any type of sin is forgivable, so please go and confess. No, there wont be homosexuals in heaven because nobody is born gay, they have homosexual lusts because of Satan. There is NO type of sin in heaven at all.
God, as revealed to the world in recent messages from Jesus and his Mother, is upset and angry of homosexuality in the world. Great punishment awaits them from God's bowl of anger. In fact, Mother Mary, in a very very recent message said that California will suffer huge earthquakes very very very soon. This is obviously because of the sins that they are making as a whole, mainly homosexuality
:rofl:

didn't he say something, a lot more concrete, about loving everyone? or something like that?
did Jesus talk a lot about hell directly?

**blu_rose**

HSC
blackbunny said:
All gay people need to be eliminated from this world one way or another. Iran laws are a good start :D. homosexuality is not natural
obviously u are completely oblivious and ignorant of the atrocities which are occuring in iran.
ppl like u piss me off badly. despite me being against homosexualty there are different ways of "eliminating" it. i've heard of plenty of gays and lesbians who converted to islam or christianity becoming heterosexual. why use capital punishment instead of educating them.
i am completely against the death penalty(except im on the fence for those who actually committed murder) particularly iran's laws; they are disgusting and appalling and before u or anyone else goes and praises their laws, research their history further. as menal said they stone women to death for adultery; hang/assasinate others for revealing the govt's concealed atrocities, not to mention worse punishments.
btw im surprised the first thread i've seen on such occurences is one abt the executions of homosexuals. plenty more ppl who merely speak their thoughts are killed/toruterd/locked away with no signs of remorse

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Saddam and US troops in Iraq tested shock therapy, but I think that was just their way of having some fun, the swines.
Has Abu Grave(sp) been mentioned here?

tempco

HSC
blackbunny said:
Homos and lesbos are not natural, no matter how cool it is. Kill all of them :). Remove the deadly plaque.
it'd be great if you could stick to your own threads, like this one.

walrusbear

HSC
blackbunny said:
Homosexuality is a crime against Nature. All Nature declares the purpose of the instinct for sexual union is reproduction and thus, preservations of the specie. The overpowering male sex drive must be channeled toward possession of females, as well as elements such as territory and power, which are necessary to keep them.
what exactly is 'nature' in this post?

malkin86

HSC
I'm pretty sure I read in the SMH that the gay charge was changed to the rape charge...
Poor fellas. :(

Comrade nathan

HSC
All Nature declares the purpose of the instinct for sexual union is reproduction and thus, preservations of the specie.
How excactly does nature do this?

There have been homosexuals for thousands of years, and the human race has is still exists.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
blackbunny said:
also some disiases been for thousands of years.

homos and lesbos are agains the nature. sex is designed for one thing: to reproduce. unfortunately this is impossible with homos or lesbos.
So we should execute those who use contraception and are infertile?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)