Exemption for P platers - best ways?? (1 Viewer)

stollmann

HSC
it says on your license when it expires, and so you can know when you got them.

CieL

HSC
stollmann said:
Anything i guess. Sat nights in particular...just driving around
You don't even have a proper reason as to why you want to car in your possession besides to just drive it around and waste time.

In earlier posts you said you didnt want a job because it'll affect your study pattern. The time you waste "just driving around" is worse than the time you "waste" whilst working. At least that way the fuel you burn in that thing is repaid from a few hours of work, even if you just work once a week, how about saturday?

stollmann

HSC
I don't know why I am arguing about this anyway as all I wanted was some advice. I have gotten lots; thank you to those you gave it.

It seems like there are a lot of very jealous people here. At least that it’s what it seems like to me. Why does it matter if I buy the car or my parents buy it for me? In the end it is the same thing. The fact that my parents have the money to buy me a car is just proof for their hard work. My parents worked about 16 hour days for about 10 years to build a company. This work obviously payed of when my father sold it.

I find it unbelievable how people are so untrusting of the wealthy. I mean it is not like they stole the money. Most of them worked very hard for it and why not enjoy life after that with an expensive lifestyle? Why not buy their children nice cars which they will enjoy driving?

Don't judge people by their money but by their integrity and character. There is no correlation between being rich and being unfriendly, mean or arrogant. These people exist in all wealth brackets.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
People are not judging you by your wealth, but by your integrity to cheat the system and your arrogance in thinking that you could claim that a fake job position held by you in your family's company is high enough to entitle you to a Volvo for work.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
lol foxy is trying to tune him cause he is rich

yeh yeh, defend him some more

ultimate power ultimately corrupts, that is why there is a direct correlation between how wealthy/powerful someone is and how likely they are to be an arsehole, to rip people off, to be arrogant and to completely not give a fuck about other people, these attrubutes are pretty useful in climbing the ladder, but not in making you a better person

in my mind he doesnt seem that bad, but he does seem a little arrogant in thinking he can cheat the system[ the system i worked hard for to get my P's before legislation came in] and in thinking money can make things like that easyer

well whatever, he is a rich boy and he will fihd out about alot more things in life as he gets older, not saying he is naieve and sheltered, quite the opposite he seems willing to fuck others over to get what he wants, but he is a little missguided in what makes a good person

a job isnt a waste of time, it builds character so that you realise cheating the system is wrong. Do you think i need the money? i work cause my parents tell me 2, cause its a good experience and cause it looks good on a resume.

maybe he will realise this, maybe not. If uni doesnt change his patterns than maybe something more seirous will[god forbid]

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
Shell said:
Can't you just pretend you got your ps before the law was introduced?
no, it's on the back of the license under 'conditions'. Says that you can't drive prohibited vehicles.

stollmann

HSC
ultimate power ultimately corrupts
I agree with that in most cases, but I really think that a leader with integrity, discipline and independence will not definitely become corrupt. There is a high probability, but maybe not. Remember Plato said that the best form of government was a 'benevolent' dictator. You might consider Ghandi an example of this. But in general terms I agree with the idea that ultimate power makes corrupt, especially in modern-day politics.

I believe that to climb the ladder you do not have to be "an arsehole, to [know how to]rip people off, to be arrogant and to completely not give a fuck about other people". My father built a company worth more than a billion Euros without ever being like that. I can assure you that he is one of the people with the most integrity I have ever met. Check him out if you want, his name is Jost Stollmann (famous in entrepreneurial and German political circles).

I am not a fan of cheating the system, although I do believe that sometimes it is necessary. The new policies for P-platers concerning prohibited vehicle is ridiculous. Consider that the Lotus is not prohibited but low performance turbo cars are on there. The Volvo is not a racing car. It is powerful but not in a very dangerous way, so it is in my opinion not bad to cheat the system in that context. If I were trying to get exemption for a Porsche Carrera I would really be cheating the system. And by the way, money does not really help in this case I think.

he seems willing to fuck others over to get what he wants
I am not really fucking you over by getting exemption for this car am I? Unless you think that I am going to cause an accident, which I might, obviously, but I think that the damage you make with an accident has mainly to do with your driving style and not with the car you drive.

Now as to working. I have a CV that is already so impressive that working at Juice Bar is not going to be even worth mentioning. I have actually worked for a bank in Australia before just to get some experience. I did not really get much but well it was still fun. Instead of working to make money I spend a lot of time doing community work and I also get very involved in various aspects of school-life.

If only you knew me. I am quite the opposite of what you think.

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
stollmann said:
If only you knew me. I am quite the opposite of what you call me.
You are willing to cheat the system in order to drive a more powerful car because you consider another to be beneath you, and you also consider yourself to be an aggressive driver. Now, please, what are we all meant to think of you?

From what I (and others) can gather, you have no need of this car. Please, stop trying to cheat the system for no reason apart from because you think that it's "not bad in this context". We really don't need another statistic on our roads.

stollmann

HSC
The prime reason for me to drive it is that my mother usually takes the other car (the Honda) so I am left with no car at all. And obviously I would not mind a nicer car, but the is not why I want excemption.

Generator

HSC
N/A
... and that is meant to be suggest that you are deserving of an exemption, be it truthful or not? Sorry, but I'm afraid that you'll just have to wait on your mother :).

stollmann

HSC
Well I also have four borthers and sister and a guardian brother whom I have to drive to sports so I need a six seater. Might work, I will let you know if I am succesful or not...

Jiga

Funny how a lot of you people are jealous of a guy with a car. Its a car, not a mansion....... Get over it, and get back to the original question instead of judging him.
Templar summarised the whole thing very well with:

"People are not judging you by your wealth, but by your integrity to cheat the system and your arrogance in thinking that you could claim that a fake job position held by you in your family's company is high enough to entitle you to a Volvo for work."

I just like to add to this though that most people here are not jealous either, I for example ripped into him early on and why would I be jealous? Ive got a gun car that I own! So your pety excuse is a load of BS, just like the rest of your posts in this thread.

From what I (and others) can gather, you have no need of this car. Please, stop trying to cheat the system for no reason apart from because you think that it's "not bad in this context". We really don't need another statistic on our roads.
You avoided answering this apart from saying that your mum drives the other car which is NOT an excuse to need a car. Whats the actual reason behind you wanting to cheat the system? It cant be to drive to school cos you've survived till this date. It cant be for work reasons cos you dont want to work cos of 'school'. Its simple because you want to drive with friends in your fully sik "powerful" Volvo.

Now you tell us that work will effect your results and therefore you cant do it (Despite so many people working during their HSC and still succeeding, when you get to the real world you better start learning how to deal with multiple tasks at once!), I think driving around with friends going to partys etc will have a greater effect dont you think? Its all a load of BS me thinks, and the desire to get an exmeption is solely fueled by greed among all other things, greed to want to get some powerful car and drive with friends...... hit a pole and then die... and then your rich influential parents whinge to people in high places and now it takes like 3 years for us to get our full license! Or because Charles & Co drove mummys XR8 and had a crash and died, we all cant even drive high performance V6's anymore!

Last edited by a moderator:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm surprised noone took into account the reason for these restrictions.. it's to protect both the P plater who may not be skilled enough to handle such a powerful car; and to protect other people on the roads from running into P platers driving cars beyond their driving ability. Not to say I doubt the topic creator's driving ability, or whether these laws are actually going to save lives, but it is a consideration...

CieL

HSC
^ We did address those already.. Didn't you see schoolie's post about him ramming into a pole and dying?

Then stollman himself said something about causing accidents.. and being the "aggressive" driver he is, I'm not doubting it.

Anyways we're against you trying to wriggle your way through the system, which mentioned above, was to prevent drivers like you being another stat. Who cares if it's a carrera or a cx90 or whatever they fuck it's called, it's on the BANNED list for a reason.

Besides, I think the "drive your siblings to sport" was an excuse. If it wasn't and you do it on a weekly basis, you would of mentioned it first off instead of after saying your selfish "to drive around"

Foxy, no-one cares.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
haha foxy is funny, a young girl easily impressed
listen to CieL she is older an wiser[ and knows more about cars than both of us]

so your dads rich huh? that must be pretty cool
you must realise, i personally dont have much of a problem with you, if i was in your situation i would probably be trying to do the same thing so i dont hold it against you so dont take my harsh words too seriously
the thing is, what you should really do is make your mum take the volvo cause then you can drive the honda, not try and get an exception. I understand where u r coming from about the laws, i think they are stupid aswell, luckily i dont have to follow them, and if i did i would just put up with it.

I am also curious, what exactly do u need the car for? like the things i use my car for, if it were powerful i could actually get exemption

e.g i primarily use my car for getting to work and back, and getting to uni and back, very very rarely do i use it for anything else except very small trips [ e.g 5 mins down to the shops] and if u r doing this, i wouldnt worry about cops seeing you and pulling you over cause its not gonna happen

sometimes i go out, but i prefer to carpool, so basically there isnt that much i use the car for that i wouldnt be allowed to use normally[seen as its the only car available to me when mum drives to work]

7th Sign

HSC
the Exemption's are pretty stupid

my cars faster then many v8s on the road lol..yet i can still drive my car as a p plater..

stollmann

HSC
7th Sign said:
the Exemption's are pretty stupid

my cars faster then many v8s on the road lol..yet i can still drive my car as a p plater..
What do you have? Just out of inerest.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
fOxYcLeOpTrA89 said:
Thats why a lot of the intelligent people quit any outside school activities to focus on studying. The ones who do well have dogged determination and single focus, they dont have things on the side to distract them.
Sounds like it came from someone who has little experience on the matter. I know many people who kept up with extracurricular activities yet still achieved very high UAIs. The ones who do well have good time management and the ability to succeed in many fields simultaneously, and are not easily distracted.

As for my opinion on the restrictions, I think they are crap. I understand the need to restrict P platers from driving powerful cars, but the way the NSW system is just stupid. As said, you can drive a Lotus, arguably a track car in nature, yet you can't drive a 70kW Volvo, a company innovative in vehicle safety, because its small capacity engine is boosted by a turbocharger. While the Victorian system isn't perfect as well, the power-weight ratio should be taken into consideration.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)