• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

exercise books vs loose leaf? (1 Viewer)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
dr baby beanie said:
Exercise books get so chunky when you have to paste everything in. :uhhuh:

Especially when you have to lend notes to friends who have to catch up on work. It's really hard keeping track of who's got what notes and where they fit into the topic after you've ruined the order you've done them in...unless you date them, of course. :)
Yes they do get chunky but so do folders etc, everything gets larger once content is included.

Well I was a little bit slack to sticking things in the majority of the time and would wait until the weekend or when I got bored on class. But I kepted my sheets in order and where the page was that they were going to be glued into and I put the date on them. Coupled with that I have a pretty good memory when it comes to where things go. Loose leaf are all well and good but if you don't have the organisational skills to back it up then there really is no point.

booties4

HSC
Loose leaf all the way
me = forgetfull, i always used to forget exercise books:)

HSC
Ahh, I prefer exercise books for school work. I do actually like gluing my sheets in. I'd get annoyed with loose leaf at school. I just use loose leaf to write down my study notes and then I keep them in a folder.

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC
used to use books.
now, couldn't live without my folder and loose leaf.
not really too sure why though.
i just like loose leaf now.

and especially writing notes for exams.
i can't stand writing notes in books anymore.
i had old unused notebooks and i ripped them apart so they became loose leaf and now they're my "scrap notes at home" paper.
:D

DayOT

HSC
Depends on the subject. I find exercise books good for the sciences and Maths, whilst loose leaf suits English well. The main problem I find with looseleaf is that even with the reinforced paper, the holes tear easily.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
I prefer exercise books. But then I also got a display folder for every subject. Sheets go in there and book goes at the back. Only problem, sheets get a lil harder to find but its quite effective when your a person who brings ice water to school and all your books go wet and then wrinkly ! ><" Also, I think I'd tend to wet & rip the loose leafs.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I find loose leaf better for the English and humanities-based subject, but for Maths and Science, I prefer the exercise books.

chiselwick

HSC
N/A
Lecture note books with perforated pages. You get the best of both worlds.

Ida-Marie

HSC
--- loose leaf, its much easier to write essay and notes on, espcially if u have to hand in your lessons worth of work on it, at the end of the lesson, cors if u hav a book u cant revise of earlier notes or finish other essay/works that havent been done, HOWEVER i must STRESS organisation is a key must-have, and a filing system for each subject so it doesnt get mixed up with other school subjects/topics

_xxida

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
I'm afraid all you people using loose leaf are just uni student wannabes. Books FTW.

Artemis.

HSC
I use books, except for modern, which I use loose leaf at the teacher's request. Books are easier for me though.

hitsugaya

HSC
exercise books. loose leaf get all over the place and u might lose them.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
chiselwick said:
Lecture note books with perforated pages. You get the best of both worlds.
Word.

exercise books. loose leaf get all over the place and u might lose them.
No, no and no. People who bring up this point just don't know how the loose leaf system works.

wynnedoze

HSC
I agree with Jachie, loose leaf works much better. Rather than letting your notes get all over the place, put them in the right order in the first place. YAou won't loose your folder cause you only have one. If you go to a lesson and dont have it, then you left it in your last room. Insted with a book, it takes 'till the next lesson in that subject to discover you lost it, then it could be anywhere :p.

you dont have to glue sheets in AND
you dont have to carry a huge dead weight around all the time, just a couple of blank pages and the last couple of lesson's work. So if you do loose it, then you only loose a small amount of work, rather than failing a subject

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I've started using loose-leaf now. It's pretty simple and convenient, and is very good for note-taking in class, and writing my responses. Might start using it now :)

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Kujah said:
I've started using loose-leaf now. It's pretty simple and convenient, and is very good for note-taking in class, and writing my responses. Might start using it now :)
You'll be back...
*shakes fist*

Heliotrope

HSC
I've never much liked exercise books, but I didn't know there was a viable alternative. Could someone explain loose leaf to me?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Just basically A4 lined paper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)