Expanding The Premise In The Thesis and Topic Sentences (1 Viewer)

Jojofelyx

HSC
As the title suggests, if we are given either a curveball or a generic question, how do you expand/tweak the premise in such a way that it shapes itself to my own understanding and perspectives of a text ? (with a caveat that I'm taking a memorised approach)

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
there is no method to the art of bullshitting ... you can either do it or you can't
this is somewhat the unfortunate truth but practice definitely helps, if you practice adapting your essay to a number of curveball questions you'll naturally get better at bullshitting, for instance 2019 HSC paper 1 had some really specific essay questions about specific themes, if your prepared work didn't address the theme in question then you would've had to bullshit your whole way through. so practice this question before the HSC if you haven't, and try other past papers to get familiar with the bs* technique

Jojofelyx

HSC
there is no method to the art of bullshitting ... you can either do it or you can't
Nah im not really planning to bs, when i read other peoples essays its often easy to pick up someone bs'ing. And if you counter that as not being able to bullshitting well, then i'd say its no longer bullshitting if the stuff you're saying is comprehensive, and its that which i am aiming to achieve.

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
Nah im not really planning to bs, when i read other peoples essays its often easy to pick up someone bs'ing. And if you counter that as not being able to bullshitting well, then i'd say its no longer bullshitting if the stuff you're saying is comprehensive, and its that which i am aiming to achieve.
no matter how comprehensive your understanding of the text is, it will need to be adapted to whatever crazy question they ask and tbh, there's no way to prepare for that so i think it will come down to bullshitting a bit at the end of the day.

uniqueusername1

HSC
Mate you gotta be willing to fail to win. Anyways on the spot you'll have no option but to bs otherwise you'll be handing in a blank page.

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
important to note that there are two forms of bullshitting

1. you don't even know what you're talking about *because you haven't studied your text well enough, you will get a bad mark
2. you're just pulling links out of ur ass between your prepared work and the question but they're still legit point you've made, **you must know your text well to pull this off

zizi2003_

HSC

1. you don't even know what you're talking about *because you haven't studied your text well enough, you will get a bad mark
2. you're just pulling links out of ur ass between your prepared work and the question but they're still legit point you've made, **you must know your text well to pull this off
phew it's good to know that ppl who get 99 also follow the art of bullshitting in english 🤣

uniqueusername1

HSC

yea by bs we mean 2. Using all our knowledge and somehow cramming it into the question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)