Experienced, 3 STATE RANKS, 99.95 ATAR, 99 UMAT (1 Viewer)

brarbie95

HSC
BEST CHEMISTRY TUTOR IN THE WORLD :D pretty much saved me from failing chemistry and helped me gain an internal rank which will assure me a band 6 for assessment mark!

ellie95

HSC
N/A
Hi Do you do tutoring for UMAT? Could you please pm your price and location of tutoring please

Jayson89

HSC
Hey, I just quited my english tutor a few months ago, was wondering how do you improve english in terms of creative writing and answering unseen texts by yourself, considering your method that got you 97 :D
Hey I don't tutor English, but for Creative Writing, my story was horse-shit (it was about an alien not belonging) until my tutor said that I really needed to appeal to the majority female markers more. So...I wrote about a girl who loves playing the piano, and she gets an arranged marriage but doesn't like it. So basically..you need to have a good story with not that much STUFF HAPPENING. Just go into epic detail for describing everything. Cultural/music etc. are good, they appeal to the average marker. For unseen texts, do you mean the short answer section? Make a list of techniques, practice your unseen text responses to past HSCs in timed conditions. Make sure you focus on the techniques and how they achieve something. Hope this helps =)

fishrushed

HSC
hey, just wondering if you still have your essays for english, and if you do, what texts did you do?

Jayson89

HSC
hey, just wondering if you still have your essays for english, and if you do, what texts did you do?
Hey mate, I do but I don't give them out/sell them =) I did As you Like it, Frankenstein/BR, Gwen Harwood and Justice Game

Jayson89

HSC
Yes, basically, it's the opposite of rote learning, where you memorise concepts. It's the process of learning everything, through linking ideas universally, which can be done through analogy, diagrams and metaphors that help understand things deeply. Right now, I'm trying to adapt this technique since I find it much easier than memorizing, and it's proven to be very useful for me so far, it's pretty much like 'studying smarter, not harder'. Check out this blog if your interested : http://www.scotthyoung.com/blog/2007/03/25/how-to-ace-your-finals-without-studying/
Oh yea, that's totally what I advocate (and a lot of other people too probably). I mean, there are limits to just how much you can 'holistically learn' in the HSC, and when it comes down to it, there is quite a bit which you HAVE to memorise. Nonetheless, yes I think everyone benefits from being taught in a way which links to what they already know, using analogies/diagrams, and I try to do this as much as possible in my tutoring. Also, it's more fun and challenging for me to teach students this way. In the free lectures at Parra library which I'm giving, I'm gonna focus 100% on the holistic part to make sure it sticks. I think 'holistic learning' is a skill you learn gradually, not immediately when you want to.

wgy182

HSC
hey jayson, your marks are just amazing :)
About how many hours do you study after school each day and the weekends?
do you play any sports and other activities in yr 11 and 12?

Jayson89

HSC
hey jayson, your marks are just amazing :)
About how many hours do you study after school each day and the weekends?
do you play any sports and other activities in yr 11 and 12?
Thanks man! Everyone asks me how many hours I studied! I'm not sure, I think probably like 2-3 hours on normal afterschool days, quite a bit more on weekends. The important thing is to be consistent and study yourself constantly long before the test comes. I think at least an hour a day, from the very beginning, is essential. I played some tennis in Yr 11 but stopped in Yr 12, but I think playing sports and other activities doesn't affect your studies significantly at all. It's not like you study every living hour of the day anyways! =P

Dr Awkward

HSC
N/A
Mad respect Jay. All I gotta say is hope you create more band 6 wearing students :)

O

Omed62

Nah sorry I don't, I tutor in Wentworthville
Guys...

Jason is a wonderful and very helpful tutor. I just recommend him to anyone who really wants to achieve a band 5/6. This guy is a beast... I remember he helped me with biology and chemistry and about his notes are extremely detailed its just what you really need to achieve your best.

Thanks for you help Jason... good luck with tutoring btw I am also looking for a tutor for chemistry. do you still tutor I live in blacktown close to your place.

nkw

HSC
N/A
Definitely interested for next year! I wrote down your phone and email. Those are some amazing marks and I really like your teaching method where you do it all on the board first them write a what you need to know in the book.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)