Experienced Physics Teacher.. Tutoring in Green Valley. $25/hr (1 Viewer)

darkchild69

Nanotechnologist
HSC
HSC Tutoring

Year 12 Physics (Starting Term 4, 2009)

Year 11 Physics (Starting 2010)

About me / Experience:

My name is Chris, I am in my 3rd year of teaching Physics in a Western Sydney High School in the Blacktown area.

I completed my B.Sc (Nanotechnology) in 2005 at UTS with a WAM of 83 ( just missed out on HD average for course :( ) and my Grad Dip Ed in 2006.

I have been teaching Science / Physics for the last 3 years and have not been tutoring during this time.
I am not one of those scary teachers.. I am firm, polite, consistent and extremely patient.
You may have seen me in newspapers or magazines as a promoter of Teaching Scholarships through Teach.NSW (hence the pics above)
I have privately tutored the following subjects

• Physics (to 22 students)
  • Chemistry (to 7 students)
  • Maths (Gen to Ext 2) (to 8 students)
  • Economics (to 3 students)
I tutored from 2002-2006 and during this time I have tutored several band 6 students, in Physics i have also provided tutoring to four state ranking students (not a bad strike rate!) and will provide you with the notes which I used with them and hopefully help you achieve some excellent results!

I am an extremely dedicated tutor/teacher, but I do expect commitment from all my students. I believe that a large portion of your understanding comes from the effort and work which you put in outside of class time. I have always been a firm believer of this and I believe my students results (well, the committed ones ;)) reflect this.

Session Info:
Tutoring will be conducted out of my home, in Green Valley on Saturdays. I may be looking at moving in the beginning of next year, so the venue will more than likely change.

For an experienced tutor and teacher, my rates are very competitive.

$25/hr, sessions last for 2 hours.

I believe working in groups of up to 6 students is beneficial as it allows the sharing of ideas and opinions.

The two hours sessions will generally consist of a lecture which covers the key points and syllabus outcomes for the topic, a problem solving session and a past paper session which covers the types of questions that are asked for the points and outcomes which we have covered.
You will also be issued with homework, usually on a weekly basis and I expect that it be completed before class.
It will be handed in and marked and returned to you, usually the following week.

Other Info:
We should spend 6-7 weeks on each topic, which will give us time to revise for half yearly exams and at least 6-8 weeks to revise for the HSC examination.

Covering a course, which you generally have around 5 hours a week for in school, in 2 hours on the weekend, will mean that a great deal of the problem solving and exam type material will need to be completed at home, in the homework booklets which I will issue each week. As I said, i expect these to be completed as I don't want you wasting your time with me and I don't want your parents wasting their money.

PM me or reply in this thread if you are interested or have any questions, please specify whether you need tutoring for Year 11 (starting 2010) or year 12 (starting next term)

Last edited:

leeeo

HSC
heyy im looking for a year 12 tutor, do you have like a number i can call or something ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)