Experiments For Mtp (1 Viewer)

dan:.

HSC
Hey everyone doing textiles and design!!!

im making a dress for my MTP and i was just wondering what kind of experiments i should be doing!!?? We had an incursion with the White house fashion school and the lady said we had to have 3 experiments for each fabric under each other sub headings, which were like technology, machinery, fibres or something like that!!?? and im planning to use heaps of fabrics.. so basically that means i'll be doing 100s of experiments!! im freaking out!! i just want to start making it!!

please help!!
dan xx

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
thw whitehouse lady sounds about a bit full on ... my teacher recomnded to do at least 4 experiments to 5 alll up but recomened to do another 1 or 2 for the justifications section but ... hey ... i could be all wrong...

nataliie

HSC
hey everyone

i need help! =(

the focus area for my MTP is textile arts. i was wondering what are some suitable experiments i could do. the end use of my MTP is just for viewing in a mueseum of something, so i need ideas for aesthetic tests i could do. i can't apply abrasion resistance, moisture resistance, etc ... cause they are more of functional tests.

any ideas for what tests i could do?

thexemoxkid

HSC
dan:. said:
Hey everyone doing textiles and design!!!

im making a dress for my MTP and i was just wondering what kind of experiments i should be doing!!?? We had an incursion with the White house fashion school and the lady said we had to have 3 experiments for each fabric under each other sub headings, which were like technology, machinery, fibres or something like that!!?? and im planning to use heaps of fabrics.. so basically that means i'll be doing 100s of experiments!! im freaking out!! i just want to start making it!!

please help!!
dan xx
at the texstyle seminar i attended they suggested that you do experients for similar fabric, such as if you are planning on using different 100% cotton fabrics (just with a different pattern on them) you can just do a test on one of the cotton fabrics instead of testing all of them.
hope that helps :)

dan:.

HSC
thanks for ur help everyone!! :) now i can relax and start making my dress :) yay!! goodluck with ur projects!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)