ext 1 exam thoughts? (1 Viewer)

cassiekate

I can't seem to find it either! (hi jo!)
i liked that exam a LOT - specially the part two bit for crime fiction. I did it from the pov of Birdboot
The first question was prettyeasy as well

mle

Yeah, Im looking for one too! I thought both questions (module b individual and society) were pretty nice, and i went really indepth in the jouranls. Why are we on this site so soon after the exam? Man, we must be a bit sad...

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by cassiekate
I can't seem to find it either! (hi jo!)
i liked that exam a LOT - specially the part two bit for crime fiction. I did it from the pov of Birdboot
The first question was prettyeasy as well
Yeah, that really was a good exam.. I wrote my creative piece from the POV of Moon.. Which consisted of his criticising Stoppard for depicting 'the dumb side of the Moon' (I figure horrible puns are a part of Moon.), and then relating his version of events; The Real Inspector Moon, with many bad jokes and intertextual references. It was fun, managed to quote TRIH whilst inverting the meaning. (So for instance, I had Birdboot stating
My guess is Magnus right after Moon has exposed him as the 'murderer' of Simon Gascoyne, thus making him look rather foolish, as compared to the subtly egotistical [In this version] Moon....) Of course, various conventions were also invoked.. Good stuff.

The most enjoyable exam so far. ;) (Unless Extension History turns out to be a ball..)

I hope other people went well... Which in itself is interesting. While it's inevitable, it seems that from my experience, I always worry about exams, only to be confronted with questions that really aren't that bad afterall.. :)

Last edited:

Hollie

well i thought responding for indiv and soc was great...composing a shocker!

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by ladypenelope85
is there an exam thoughts thread open, or am i just so tired i can't see it?
JO! :)

How can they neglect us?

I did mine on Birdboot too. the exam was kinda gay.. opps. I got in trouble with Ms Feilen for using the word 'gay' to describe the test... I mean the question was weird. LOL.

Nuggy

why's everyone doing real inspector hound here!?

i did cordelia and how she wanted to be a proper detective in the police force... i thought it woulda been easier

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
I did Cordelia too, except more from a point of view that she was basically useless, and should have been converted into a stock detective, because the novel was more plot-drive than anything else. I just had a huge whinge. :D

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i did ishmael

i thought it was a good, but challenging exam

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Yeah. It was a good exam, and I'm glad they didn't just keep the usual creative (crime stories etc.). It was kind of challenging, but far more interesting. It's especially interesting to hear all the different ways people answered the question. :)

(edit) I'm just curious, what sort of things did you say about Ishmael? I considered doing him, but I baulked in the end because as unsure about what I would say.

d__o__a

DOA
HSC
N/A
yeh the exam was not too specific kind of like all the rest of the exams. the essay question was quite simple and the creative one was easy.

overall it was a pretty straightforward exam i liked it

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
ishmael, i said he wasn't in love with hatsue, he never thought twice about giving the clues to whoever he gave them to, he wasn't a loner etc.

pri

HSC
N/A
I did ambrose and had a huge winge about the plot and how pd james made ambrose look like the real criminal when he wasnt

Huy

HSC
N/A
I did Vivian (Mrs Rutledge) from The Big Sleep (1945).

Spoke about the role of the femme fatale and portrayal of Vivian as a romantic interest, over red-herring and linked back to the classic femme fatales eg Brigid O'Shaunessy from The Maltese Falcon (1941)

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)