ext 1 maths or just advanced (1 Viewer)

enoklir341

HSC
hey guys,

im doing 3u maths this year and went very well in maths last yr,
im not going to well in ext tho,

im just wondering in yr 12 with regard to scaling and all that, how bad u need to go in extension before it actually starts negatively affecting ur UAI
thx.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
just get above the average (for the state, no idea what it is) and it wont be bad, but you'll have to sacrifice time and etc... so if u get 80% for ext 1 and 80% for 2unit, its better just to work on 2unit and push that up to like 95-96% with double effort. But you have time to imporve imo

allira92

HSC
yeah i wud say that once 3u starts requiring too much of ur time in order to keep up is when u shuld think about dropping it and focus on ur other subjects

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
as long as you get above average in your school, but it depends on which school u go 2

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
If you're getting 80s in 2u and 60s in ext, then you should be fine. I was getting 60s in both in my prelim half-yearlies, and I got 90s in both this year. In my opinion, extension is also quite benefitial to your 2u, as it makes you be able to do the exam much faster.

Soooo, keep it.

georgia-ellen

HSC
yeah i'm in the exact same situation
i'm generally a maths nerd, and i did 3u. i don't need it for any uni course or anything, just doign it cos i like maths. but i find it too time consuming and it's having a negative effect on my 2u so i'm dropping to 2u so that i can excel in that as well as all my other subjects.
you should talk to your teacher, but when i spoke to mine they said that generally its better to excel at 2u than fail 3u because it effects all your other subjects negatively for only one unit.

Srg_Smally

HSC
I feel as if I'm in the same boat. But I rekon I could do loads better then what I am doing, and I also need 3 unit to pass preliminary, so I'm going to keep at it for this year at least.

HSC
just focus and concentrate.
im not doing too well in ex and i would love to do 4 unit, it is about the effort you put in.

after my half yearly results i am going to put a lot of work into improving my knowledge of the course.

just keep going.

maplestory

Autoplay Member
HSC
hey guys,

im doing 3u maths this year and went very well in maths last yr,
im not going to well in ext tho,

im just wondering in yr 12 with regard to scaling and all that, how bad u need to go in extension before it actually starts negatively affecting ur UAI
thx.
why dun u juz do 2u maths?
u'll have less stress in HSC
:wave:

Munich

HSC
i have a similar situation. i go to a selective school and i think they give us hard tests, its not like i know how hard other schools tests are but ive been getting like 30%, our school average was 50% (ext) but ive always been fairly good at maths. 91 in school certificate and in the middle class. ive heard things about extension scaling up massively. if im looking for 90, 95 or around there, what percentage would allow me to get that if you apply scaling or whatnot. i would seriously appreciate any advice or knowledge on matx scaling.

grasshopper1

HSC
if you get below the state average for the year the subject will not scale massively, if you do well then it will. And 30% man your test my be hard, our first assesment was too easy i gto 89%. Teacher warned us about the upcoming half yearly though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)