Ext 2 English (1 Viewer)

Huy

HSC
N/A
@spin spin: oh, sorry. I didn't know you guys went to the same school. :)

Huy

HSC
N/A
I think 49/50 is required.

But I suppose they're after a range, not just "the same thing, a million times" :)

Well done The Chad.

muldersgun

HSC
i got 49/50 for my video, short film about the concept of choices and consequences....47 internally so 48 all up.

Any chance that i could get into showcase? that would just like make my entire year worthwhile

Leanne

HSC
VJ was fully saying that he major work was crap!!! i'm so happy for her! and i'm proud to say that i was only one mark below- now THATS an achievement....for an ordinary band 5 student....

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
50 here.

Oh and to the ppl bitching bout poetry, it was not marked any 'tougher' than anything else. Having the senior marker as an English teacher, he said the quality of a few of the mediums was appalling this year, of note the poetry and the scriptwriting (only a few notable standouts in each). Its just the way it goes I guess. Whereas he said short stories were very competitive and the quality tended to be up in band E4 for the majority of writers.

The Rev. Ian

so when do people find out about showcase... not that it's my secret dream to get in there or anything... :uh: (curse you non-bosh)...

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
You had to get 50 to get into the showcase (although there is one 49 one they chose). They haven't finalised yet and if you are in they ring you.

The Rev. Ian

[fingers crossed]man i hope i'm the 49[/fingers crossed]

please everyone pray for me... or cross your fingers... or use magic... or whatever is in your power...

Leanne

HSC
damn! and i wanted every1 to see my work! lol

i re-read over my story today...and i think i was very lucky to get wat i did..i think it sucked!!!
ok maybe not sucked...i think i'm just sick of it! maybe i'll have to wait another yr to give myself an objective opinion.....

Huy

HSC
N/A
That's an achievement in itself TIB! I got "in the 30s" for both.

:(

is a roflcopter
HSC
so can anyone post or PM me their major work
being a total klutz at english
i wana read some quality stuff :D

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
realli? i thought u would get 40s something cuz ur lyk super organised and know it all... oh well.....mind if i ask how u went overall>?
Well I got in the mid 40s for assessment (internal), which was moderated to low, LOW 30s.

Then I got the same mark for my exam mark, which left me with a low 30s mark for EE2.

Overall? badly.
Why? Focused on the wrong units, I suppose. Didn't really think about maths or religion all year, until they ended up being counted!

Saul

*ss
HSC
Originally posted by Newbie
so can anyone post or PM me their major work
being a total klutz at english
i wana read some quality stuff :D

there's a thread dedicated to major works on the english extension two board.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by Huy
Well I got in the mid 40s for assessment (internal), which was moderated to low, LOW 30s.

Then I got the same mark for my exam mark, which left me with a low 30s mark for EE2.

Overall? badly.
Why? Focused on the wrong units, I suppose. Didn't really think about maths or religion all year, until they ended up being counted!
i was wondering.. how is it possible that ur mid 40 assessment mark get scaled down to lyk 30? wot are the factors invovled...

and i know wot u mean by not focusing on the right subjects.... i thought my biz stud wont be counted ..but it ended up being my best 2 units... and ext 1 maths (which i thought would be counted) didnt end up been counted....

Huy

HSC
N/A
I have no idea TIB, even my friend who was ranked 1st (got 48 or 48 out of 50, assessment) was pushed back down to 32/50 or something.

At school, we weren't too far apart (I was 2nd) and we both had marks in the low 30s for our HSC marks (in the end).

I suppose the exam mark (external marking) effected us the most, but moreso the students - who scored between 19 and in the 20s for exam marks.

A few pages back I talked about it, so I don't want to repeat myself, hehe. :)

I thought Maths, Maths Ext 1 and SOR would not count. It ended up being included (all three units).

I was focusing on Chemistry, EE2 for the entire year, and it was never included in my UAI. I stuffed up Chemistry, so that wasn't going to be included, and for EE2 - I thought I would have had the same assessment mark (if not higher) and the exam mark being about the same.

From mid 40s to low 30s - assessment (raw mark to moderated mark)

And as for the external marking, it was equally low, in the 30s. :(

My UAI wasn't impressive, as Maths, ME1 and SOR were counted (in which I had bad rankings at school, since I thought it wasn't going to count). So when I found out my UAI, I wanted to know why I had received it.

EE1, EE2 and Chemistry were really going to be my strong-subjects, but it wasn't meant to be.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
but still.. getting mid 40 scaled down to 30 something is a huge deal esp for *high-scaleing* subjects lyk ee2...

i think i calculated too much... like wot counts and wot doenstcoutn.... i shouldnt have allocated same time for each subject.... i think caculating the wot coutns and wot doesnt coutn too much sets a false expectation...... and then when things dont go as well ur twice as screwed..

Huy

HSC
N/A
TIB,

I completely know where you're coming from! The same thing happened to me. I was a bit disappointed that EE2 didn't count, but I guess I knew it wouldn't count, given the HSC marks (exam mark) - and yep, I'm over the fact that Mid 40s at school scaled down to LOW 30s - even for EE2! :eek:

I knew from the very beginning which subjects did, and which subjects did not count, so I spent most of my time "not worrying" about the remaining 4 units - predominantly Maths and Religion. Funnily enough, I ran out of luck come December 19 and find out that Maths AND Religion had to be counted in my UAI.

I tried hard all year for Chem and EE2 - with excellent ranks in my opinion (8th in Chemistry, 2nd in EE2) -- the marks just didn't cut it, when the HSC marks were released - so UAC had to use the other subjects (Maths and Religion) - at school I was ranked in the 20s out of 100 for Maths, 20s out of 50 for ME1 and 40s (!!!) out of 90 for Religion.

All of these units ended up counting, the ones I never paid much attention to, the ones I never tried at. The units that DIDN'T count were the ones I tried my hardest at (giving it my all). What a way to rain on someone's parade. :(

Throughout the whole year I thought Chemistry was going to be counted, and I was 'fairly certain' about it being included - but funnily enough, my Maths marks scaled a lot better and were higher than Chem - ultimately being included towards my UAI.

I do feel "screwed" (once, twice, three times, maybe even ten times) - why? Because I get the same feeling whenever someone starts a conversation about UAIs and HSC marks (meaning the same questions will always arise, the same feelings).

Oh well, let's keep truckin' :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)