Ext 2 Maths (1 Viewer)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I do believe you are going to come at the bottom of your class, then, tompryor. :p

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
ahh, I understand now (about the minimum mark stuff)

and well, tompryor wouldnt need to worry about his assessments, since he's gonna come 1st anyway, so all that matter is his HSC exam mark
theres pressure!

How hard is it really to get top positions in the state for 4 unit maths, my tutor was like some kinda maths olympian in his high school days and claims that he was better than most teachers in the state from the best schools like syd grammar and hurlstone and he told me he was dissapointed big time after only coming 10th in the state for 4 unit in the hsc.So that guy who topped the state from barker must have been quite amazing because my tutor also claims he was even sharper in his high school days than he is now, its been like a decade, which is very scary indeed

KilledInAction

BIG-WILLY: Take it easy mate! Not every comment is necessarily a sarcastic one- I surely didn't intend to be sarcastic; my comment was 100% genuine.

No offence but don't look *too* deeply into the posts, 'cause a lot of times, what one writes and actually is saying can be interpreted in a totally different slant by another, as eviidenced here. My general rule is that most ppl are genuinely here to help others and/or are grateful to those who do. :) (<--- no sarcasm here ok?)

Anyway, the guy topping 4u at my school is an Australian Maths Olympian and is 'apparently' the best Australian mathematician under-21 (don't quote me on it though...).
If he doesn't top the 4u paper this year, a lot of people will be suprised...and like fatmuscle said, they make our 4u papers hard to challenge even him (well he never gets 100% in the papers), so as you can imagine my upcoming 4u trial is no doubt gonna be a bitch :(

Last edited:

Morgues

Originally posted by KilledInAction
Take it easy mate! Not every comment is necessarily a sarcastic one- I surely didn't intend to be sarcastic; my comment was 100% genuine.

No offence but don't look *too* deeply into the posts, 'cause a lot of times, what one writes and actually is saying can be interpreted in a totally different slant by another, as eviidenced here. My general rule is that most ppl are genuinely here to help others and/or are grateful to those who do. :) (<--- no sarcasm here ok?)
:confused: :confused:

KilledInAction

Morgues...yeh I realised my initial reply was out of context so I edited it. The first part was meant for BIG-WILLY only. :)

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
anyways; its BIG-WILLY your addressing, not me.
From what i've heard, our school hasnt finished (i dont know what minai is on about), and that the students are teaching each other how to do certain chapters (its their assesment: to teach a chapter)

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
:( Somewhere I must've read that 4-unit papers are always written by crusty uni professors who take sadistic joy in writing undoable papers.

Not sure if that EXACTLY is true, because the Ext 2 paper last year looks pretty breezy compared to, say, 1995, but...

I still worry...

*Salutes Lazarus (aka God) for this phantasmagorical site and for being an ex-distinction course student. Distinction courses rule, of course... :cool:

miss_bloom

how do schools finish the entire 4u course by term 3? :confused: we've still got quite a bit to go and we're going to continue learning harder 3u etc. even after the trials.. die circular motion DIE!

miss_bloom

my brother's university lecturer has written and has helped write past 4u papers and from what ive heard weisy i think you are right :mad:

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Ewww....

Why can't I be right when I actually Do maths?

:cool: Weisy

Perhaps that's all happiness ever really is...those little moments of exstacy which pass by
unnoticed
while we wait for the magnum opus which will make everything RIGHT...

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Oh, and...

We are currently blissfully unaware about the entire mechanics topic...

:( Weisy

sango

HSC
there are people who've finished the course?
we are still stuck with the whole of mechanics and graphs to go..

school-spew

i curse the day i was possessed to pick up this goddamn subject.
the amount of work i have from this one extra unit outweighs all my other units put together!

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
But, if you do that work, the marks for this one unit will also outweigh the marks for all your other units put together. :p

Well, not literally, but it'll all be worth it. =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)