EXT 2 (1 Viewer)

SMARTYPANTS_SINGH

NESA WHY?
HSC
Can teachers reject me from going into extension 2 math? I wouldn’t say I’ve done amazing in prelims due to me taking it too lightly. But I know I can do extension 2, so should I take it, and if I show my interest can teachers reject me. My school isn’t amazing and only a handful of students try out each year.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Can teachers reject me from going into extension 2 math? I wouldn’t say I’ve done amazing in prelims due to me taking it too lightly. But I know I can do extension 2, so should I take it, and if I show my interest can teachers reject me. My school isn’t amazing and only a handful of students try out each year.
I've heard stories of teachers doing that personally and on BOS. For most teachers, given you show some enthusiasm/interest you should be fine however in some schools or for some teachers, you might need to demonstrate a level of competence in the form of being top X in Ext 1+adv or achieving above Y% total in Ext1+adv or something in that sense.

Considering you say you're school isn't "amazing", I'd assume simply showing interest through talking with your maths teachers regularly and talking about how you want to do Ext 2 since you're motivated, passionate etc. is more than enough. Good marks however will do most of the talking, but just speaking to the people in charge of letting you into Ext 2 will be only more convincing.

SMARTYPANTS_SINGH

NESA WHY?
HSC
Thanks so much, I’ve gone over some of ext 2 and it doesn’t seem bad. I’m trying to finish complex numbers in the holidays and the first 3 weeks of term 1 of year 12. Because apparently NESA doesn’t allow year 12 content to be started till week 4 anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)