Ext History Project 2012 (1 Viewer)

aransandrasegar

HSC
Your teacher will be the one marking it so their suggestion is a good one.

Italian Unification is also interesting.

Mussolini is also fine.

I wouldn't try to link Italian Unification with Mussolini due to the sheer size of that topic and the word limit as you would have to cover a period of over 80 years (unification in 1861 and Mussolini coming to power 61 years later for 23 years).
Their all so good its hard to choose :D
Which one should I choose?

aransandrasegar

HSC
Italian unification and Khmer Empire have been kicked, but Mussolini has been kept.
French Revolution has been added. Am I right in doing a topic based on the depth of historiography available?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Italian unification and Khmer Empire have been kicked, but Mussolini has been kept.
French Revolution has been added. Am I right in doing a topic based on the depth of historiography available?

The more other historians have already written on the topic the more you have available - but also the greater chance you could come up with something someone else has done and you could then have trouble proving you didn't plagiarism.

aransandrasegar

HSC
The more other historians have already written on the topic the more you have available - but also the greater chance you could come up with something someone else has done and you could then have trouble proving you didn't plagiarism.
I've decided on Mussolini's foreign policy.
Thanks

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I've decided on Mussolini's foreign policy.
Thanks

Make sure that you cover his foreign policy throughout the 20s as well as the 30s (not just his relationship with Hitler and Franco) remembering that Italy was on the side of the Allies in WW1 - but did they get what they were promised for coming out on the side of the Allies rather than that of the Central Powers???

aransandrasegar

HSC
Ok here's a tough question! DO you think you can combine Mussolini's rise to power with his foreign/social policies in a question? How?

scarvesss

howdy doo
HSC
where is everyone up to with it?

i finished first draft today... finally

Bon13

HSC
I'm in the same boat to this original post. I have just started ExHi and am having such a hard time coming up with my idea.. And as I am doing both ancient and modern history it is hard to find someone I'm really interested in that doesn't overlap.. I'm interested in predominately westerised countries, wars ect. Could anyone give me some ideas? Cheers, Bonnie. :)

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Why not think about something in between ancient and modern - there were heaps of wars in the middle ages and in the early modern period e.g. in the 1500 and 1600s there were a number of civil wars and wars of religion that have lots of historiography and are very interesting.

Try things like:

the English Civil War and/or the Glorious Revolution
the Thirty Years War - which was about religion and power
the Unification of Spain by Ferdinand and Isabella
the Mongol invasion of Russia

No overlap with the examinable syllabi for the most part (Crusades and Elizabeth I excluded).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)