Ext Subjects Outside of School Hrs - MAX hrs to be at school (1 Viewer)

slowjam10

HSC
Hey all,

I was just wondering if the Board of Studies has any kind of policies regarding how many hours a student is to be at school in a day or for how many extenison subjects your school can put on the timetable after school hours.

For example, with our new timetable we will have to arrive at school at 7.30am (for ext english) and then stay all the way till 5.00pm (for 2U SOR)
:jaw:
So has anyone else encountered this kind of problem? and Does BOS have anything to say about this? :)

jessica.ann

HSC
i dont think they would say anything

i go to class from 8 30 til 6 2days a week..
but i go to a senior college so things are heaps different
its not that bad i dont think

HSC
My friend does 11 units. 3 of which are extension courses, maths, english and modern history. Don't think there is a problem, everything's fine with her.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
my friend used to have a similar timetable to that. meh, i don't think there's anything illegal about it, it's kind of shit for you but you'll get used to it.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
how many units do you do ? cos like then you could have free periods during school time so like yeahh ? my friend goes home for half the day and comes back after.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
There's no policy about such thing. It depends on the school's authorities. This year we are kept until 3.40 but that's not bad. The free periods outnumber the in-class ones anyway.

accolade

HSC
i did ext hist and ext math. went to school at 7-8am and finished at around 5-6 pm
theres no rules regarding this but you know..it was kinda tiring.

slowjam10

HSC
yeah its kind of unfortunate

i do get study periods...although we actually have to stay at school during them and are forced to 'study' or at least look like we are..lol

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
slowjam10 said:
yeah its kind of unfortunate

i do get study periods...although we actually have to stay at school during them and are forced to 'study' or at least look like we are..lol
lol same at my school.
except we often go buy lunch.

FridayEvening

HSC
I did Extension English 1 and 2, as well as Extension History. While starting school at 7:30am on four days out of five seemed nightmarish at first, I quickly got used to it.

It's not that bad, really, your sleeping patterns change and it stops becoming a chore after a month or two.

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
Wow! and I though being at school from 8 - 4.10 was bad. I am soooooo glad I don't have 7.30 classes I think I would die!

I think one of the reasons our school would never make them that early is lots of the students come from smaller towns 20mins - half an hours drive away, so it would really suck for them having to be at school by 7.30.

slowjam10

HSC
yeah well its not going to school at 7.30 thats bothering me as such, as i am very much used to it after having the same routine for all of Prelim, rather it's the fact of how long my day is gong to be.

I mean it is pretty ridiculous, you've got to admit being at school for ten and a half hours. If someone thought thats how long we should be at school normally then we would everyday wouldn't we.

accolade

HSC
mind you theres some ppl who have uni classes from 9am-8pm

slowjam10

HSC
..and well yea that's uni isn't it
and its not like for the majority of uni students you go everyday with non.stop work and like no proper breaks

joshlols

HSC
I do extension 2 maths.
I'm at school everyday at 7:45 however for the 36 periods on our 2 week cycle, 15 of them are free periods.
Go me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)