• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Ext2 2024 Live Attempt in Progress (1 Viewer)

C2H6O

HSC
Could you post your answers here if you have time sir? Thanks!

Sam14113

HSC
Nice to see you doing this again :)
Your concern about 16 (b) (ii) caught my attention -- I haven't thought too much about it and I may have made a mistake but I think it's really just a case of induction.

If you consider the sequence of unordered sets , you can show by induction that for all integers . The base case is clear and the induction step is effectively the exact logic you showed.

In my opinion it's quite unclear how much of that would be required for what can surely only be 2 marks. I suppose we'll find out.

epicmaths

HSC
N/A
Nice to see you doing this again :)
Your concern about 16 (b) (ii) caught my attention -- I haven't thought too much about it and I may have made a mistake but I think it's really just a case of induction.

If you consider the sequence of unordered sets , you can show by induction that for all integers . The base case is clear and the induction step is effectively the exact logic you showed.

In my opinion it's quite unclear how much of that would be required for what can surely only be 2 marks. I suppose we'll find out.
Yes induction like you said works out quite quickly...I tried to be special and uploaded a solution involving modulo arithmetic, conceding that induction is probably what they wanted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)