Extended response questions regarding new sylabus( HSC EXAM) (1 Viewer)

Gotei

HSC
Howdy,

Any of you guys have an idea on what they could ask in the extended response for the HSC??

Currently I have wrote an essay regarding the effectiveness of HR in achieving the goals of the business (from the 2012 HSC specimen paper)

Post your ideas from trial exams/ half yearly exams

zb123

HSC
I think something with a global focus - similar to report quesiton in specimen but for case studies. The q26 report will likely be a domestic retailer (opposite of specimen paper of global manufacturer)

Gotei

HSC
I think something with a global focus - similar to report quesiton in specimen but for case studies. The q26 report will likely be a domestic retailer (opposite of specimen paper of global manufacturer)
Perhaps.... I was thinking something more general like straight off the Syllabus e.g. how can marketing processes contribute towards business success or something more like the specimen paper such as how can operations influences impact business success.

Gotei

HSC
Come on guys.... contribute!!!!

Base your suggestions off trial papers or half yearlies... lets go!

gr_111

HSC
yeah i think there'll be something on the global factors, and how they interact with one of the four functions. Don't know why tho.

bosaddict

Banned
HSC
N/A
I bet they are going to fuck with us and throw a hard question in.

Gotei

HSC
When you guys say global factors are you talking about the heading under the Syllabus for operations, finance and marketing?

For e.g. for marketing global branding, finance - global financial management and for operations the last dot point on global factors?

zb123

HSC
Yes, and global influences.., maybe they might ask how government influences impact business success - like marketing laws, wh&s, fwa, etc

Casson8

HSC
Would not surprise me if a question on the current legal framework in HR was there, considering OH&S just changed to WH&S as well as FWA, like How does the current legal framework impact business success?

Timske

Sequential
HSC
Uni Grad
Would not surprise me if a question on the current legal framework in HR was there, considering OH&S just changed to WH&S as well as FWA, like How does the current legal framework impact business success?
Dont think so thats too specific, maybe influences of HR in affecting business success

zb123

HSC
That's way too long, they will be specific - like two specific influences, possible legal and social influences affecting business success. That seems like a good combination tbh.

har

HSC
Highly unlikely, I doubt they would want to advantage students who chose Legal Studies that much

har

HSC
Im pretty certain it will be on:
e.g
How does ________ help a business' success
___ could = Marketing strategies, understanding HR influences, etc etc

Success could = Reaching financial objectives etc

Examine

same
HSC
That's way too long, they will be specific - like two specific influences, possible legal and social influences affecting business success. That seems like a good combination tbh.
Well it depends on the extent to which the question is asked (it is possible if they ask for HR influences generally)

Examine

same
HSC
Probably my major dilemma is that I could see that for section III there is a pretty good chance that they'd ask something about the marketing/operations/finance strategies, however that leaves human resources for Section IV. If this were to hypothetically happen, they couldn't ask something like they have given in the specimen paper, so it'd be concentrated in HR strategies and processes (which quite frankly I don't like too much). What if this were to happen, and they only give 2 questions for HR, it'd be pretty bland.

But anyway, that is just a theory.

Last edited:

Timske

Sequential
HSC
Uni Grad
Probably my major dilemma is that I could see that for section III there is a pretty good chance that they'd ask something about the marketing/operations/finance strategies, however that leaves human resources for Section IV. If this were to hypothetically happen, they couldn't ask something like they have given in the specimen paper, so it'd be concentrated in HR strategies and processes (which quite frankly I don't like too much). What if this were to happen, and they only give 2 questions for HR, it'd be pretty bland.

But anyway, that is just a theory.
I'd rather be on HR processes and strategies than influences

zb123

HSC
What do you think the hypothetical business could be? Domestic retailer? Producer? Wholesaler? Definitely will be a struggling business, maybe a business like a mining company wanting to expand to China?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)