extended response topics.... (1 Viewer)

*Erika*

HSC
anyone got any theories on what the extended response questions might be on this year?

my teacher reckons the demise of the small town/regional centres for urban places..

mega trends for people and economic activity and..

comparing traditional and contempary management for Ecosystems...

dezzy

HSC
yea my teacher thinks there will be one on the country town/suburb case study.

thats all. i have no other predictions

*Erika*

HSC
ah well, thanks anyway, maybe closer to the exam more people will start posting in here...

from wollongong ay? me too, at SHHS :)

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i actually think ecos will be on traditional and contemporary management practices.

urban places not too sure but i would like it to be dominance and dependance and the changing role of regional centres and the demise of the small country town

not sure about the last one but dont think it will be a case study though.
maybe biophysical factors or something like that

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
I was expecting them to ask us about a case study on 'urban dynamics operating in a country town or suburb' in last years HSC, but we got a question on mega-cities.
Urban dynamics is my pick for the essay question for Urban Places this year.

But don't try and second-guess whats going to be in the paper, prepare for every single topic. Just because they asked a question on mega-cities last year doesn't mean they can't ask you it again.

But yeah good luck to all the geographers this year...

crazyperson999

hmm, sure am sick of waiting for geo... ive written bout 6 essays, i'd love some topics!!! anyone?

Hey :),

I wrote this up in another thread, but can I paste it here too?

** Urban Places:

1) Compare the nature, character and spatial distribution of world cities and mega cities.

2) Inquire into the role of world cities and the operation of these cities in global networks.

3) Analyse the relationships of dominance and dependence between world cities and other urban centres, and explain the changing role of regional centres and the demise of the small town as a result.

4) Describe the challenges of living in mega cities and evaluate the responses to these challenges.

5) Explain the changing role of regional centres and the demise of the small town as a result of the relationships of dominance and dependence between world cities.

6) Examine the urban dynamics of change, using appropriate illustrative examples.

7) Inquire into the results of urban dynamics in a large city from the developed world.

8) Analyse an urban dynamic operating in a country town or suburb.

** Ecosystems At Risk:

1) With reference to TWO ecosystems at risk, explain the biophysical interactions that lead to diverse ecosystems and their functioning.

2) With reference to TWO ecosystems at risk, examine the vulnerability and resilience referring to natural and human-induced stress.

3) Justify the importance of ecosystem management and protection, referring to TWO case studies.

4) Evaluate traditional and contemporary management strategies and practices in TWO case studies, referring to their ecological sustainability.

5) Examine the nature and rate of change that affects ecosystem functioning, with reference to human impacts, and outline management practices used to mitigate them at TWO ecosystems at risk.

6) Examine human impacts that affect TWO ecosystems at risk and explain how the management strategies and practices implemented mitigate these impacts.

** People and Economic Activity:

1) Describe the nature, spatial patterns and future directions of ONE economic activity.

2) Explain the nature, spatial patterns and future directions of ONE economic activity.

3) Evaluate the environmental, social and economic impacts of an economic activity.

4) Outline the internal and external linkages and flows of people, goods, services and ideas of an economic enterprise and analyse the effects of global changes on these.

5) Account for the location of an economic enterprise and describe the ecological dimensions related to this enterprise.

6) Explain how global changes in an economic activity have affected an economic enterprise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)