extension 1 - navigating the global??? (1 Viewer)

zena91

HSC
Is anyone doing Navigating the lobal for ext 1 english!!!
i'm in desperate need of related material!!!!!:mad:

HELP!!

lawrence.h

HSC
use this movie called Baraka. It's this non-verbal film kinda showing the effects of the "global" on 'local' cultures. Or contrasting them...or something

Then again I suck at extension English and am aiming for e2.

silverfiction

HSC
zena91 said:
Is anyone doing Navigating the lobal for ext 1 english!!!
i'm in desperate need of related material!!!!!:mad:

HELP!!
woh navigating the global ?!

i thought the only globalised one was 'retreat from the global'

Kimia2409

HSC
yeah it is 'retreat from the global'. 'navigating the global' is the 2009 syllabus...if you're going in to that exam with 'navigating' you're basically screwed...

silverfiction

HSC
Kimia2409 said:
yeah it is 'retreat from the global'. 'navigating the global' is the 2009 syllabus...if you're going in to that exam with 'navigating' you're basically screwed...
yea i was like wtf ?!

:confused:

umaycallmealex

HSC
some really good texts i just wrote on for HSC paper:
Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress, chinese film by Dai Sijie adopted from novel. interesting in how it puts in perspective our questioning of global identity crises, when compared to the difficulties in finding identity and direction within parochial local cutlures.
Home and Exile, autobiographical essays by Chinua Achebe. he is like the big daddy of postcolonialism so this is a really good poco-for-dummies type thing, brimming with good anti-capitalist, anti-neocolonial sentiment.
Half a Life, novel by V.S. Naipaul. tons more complex, but may be more impressive because of it: indepth analysis of the complexities and paradox of being a Diaspora, being an immigrant in a world with no boundaries. a bit like some of the set texts in stance (similar to Proulx, particularly, but profoundly more pessimistic; similar to MacLeod also in a way).
hope that's any help. give us a shout if you're after some resources on them; i've found some stuff around the place.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I did:
Hair ~ movie/musical
Window ~ wordless picture book

And I also prepared for:
Black Books - Blood ~ TV show episode

These all work for related text to retreat from the global. Surely they can be adapted to the new topic.

Kimia2409

HSC
i did rob stewart's 2006 documentary 'sharkwater' and a new york times feature article. constantly check the sydney morning herald and on big newspaper sites there's always stuff to be found

neeny

HSC
yeah im not in need of texts yet.... but a nice general explanation would be much appreciated. i say to much teacher "so what exactly does it mean?" she says "yes."

i have to write a story, so any explanation would be lovely! =D

Lucy K

HSC
Were doing the poetry of Seamus Heaney at the moment which is great for navigating the global, especially the poem "Digging". But I'm a little stuck for additional texts. Any further ideas?
Absolutezero: That picture book sounds good, where can I find it? Just at a normal bookshop?
Thanks for the advice. I'll keep my eyes peeled for more articles etc.
Maybe you could post what our doing in class and we could use each other texts?

Lucy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)