extension 2 english (1 Viewer)

proxyluv

HSC
N/A
What grade requirements would I need to be able to get into extension 2 english. We just had our first extension 1 assessment and i got a 80 percent mark, is this a good starting point?

idkkdi

HSC
What grade requirements would I need to be able to get into extension 2 english. We just had our first extension 1 assessment and i got a 80 percent mark, is this a good starting point?
afaik, most people don't want to do ex2 eng and most people don't choose it, so it should be auto-in for most schools. 80% doesn't tell anything. Only comparison to those around you and how good others around you can tell you whether you're cut out for ex2. As long as you know what others around you are scoring and approximately how many people in your school get band 6 in ex2, you should know roughly where you are at.

foxxraven

HSC
Honestly, I don't think marks are a good indication as to whether or not you should do it. I don't know about your school, but mine does an assessment in term 3 for ext 1 in year 11 that is similar to what you would do in ext 2 which is a good indicator of what the course is like. Maybe talk to your teacher about it and learn more about the course before committing to it.
afaik, most people don't want to do ex2 eng and most people don't choose it, so it should be auto-in for most schools. 80% doesn't tell anything. Only comparison to those around you and how good others around you can tell you whether you're cut out for ex2. As long as you know what others around you are scoring and approximately how many people in your school get band 6 in ex2, you should know roughly where you are at.
I second this, not very many people do ext 2 english, and you have to be willing to put a lot of time into a major work. From my understanding, its quite different to ext 1 anyway. If you are confident you can manage it (it can be quite a risky subject due to the nature of the major work) and are willing to commit to a lot of hard work, and are good at english, I would go for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)