Extension Classes (1 Viewer)

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
hi im just wondering what the normal structure is to a music extension class. im doing performance electice and every ext lesson i just sit in a room and practise and for 5 minutes i get advise from my teacher. Is this the norm with all performance ext classes or is it my crappy school.

Thanks

chepas

HSC
Oh good it's not just our school! We don't actually have a class. Music 2 didn't get timetabled so we arrange it with our frees and the teacher's frees. But we haven't scheduled actual extension classes.

The whole two souls that are doing 3U at our school, yay, we do compo elective so, all she does is every 2 months goes 'how are you going?' and we show what we have or have not achieved in the last 2 months. Very mmm... She leaves a lot for us to organise, I mean, it's not as if there could actually be a lot achieved in a regular structured class, especially with composition and performance, because it's really just up to us who are doing them to do the work/research/practice etc, all they can really do is guide us and give comments/criticisms etc.

But mmm... do ext classes exist? :p

neonazi

Well I am the only one doing any music course at my school so i have do do it by distance education. so basically all my music lessons is me just doing whatever i feel like.
this sucks in a way because i dont have any structure to any of my lessons, i just sit down all by myself and go "hmmmm what to do now!"
oh yeh, and my d.e. teacher is in her first year of teaching any course which sucks, and i currently don't have any work to be doin for any of this whole term. so yeh, my HSC is gonna go good (sarcasm).
well then catch yas all l8a.

UP THE KNIGHTS!!!!!

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
ok i didnt do extn i did music 1 but there were only five in the class so its pretty similar i guess...

our music tastes were vastly different so we studyied different topics.. but the lessons were pretty much just a free range of the music room which was great...the only thing that we did together was practice aural skills..

so just make sure that you actually do something in class, be productive.. dont just waste your time and HAVE FUN.. be creative thats what music is all about.. dont complain about the situation, embrace it its probably a good way to do it!!

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
we all have to get up infront of every one and play something and critize and make comments and stuff. then we just go off and practice.

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
Ext marks.. spill em come on :p i got Band E4 with 48/50 for Performance.. sooo happy :D:D is still didn't make encore :(....

Crowie

HSC
N/A
hey all with our ext music classes atm we hav morning classes n our teacher sees it as if we r just ment 2 b the top music 2 students so we go over the music 2 course and then sumtime do a bit of ext work but cause we all do perf 4 ext we only do the odd bit of performance practise

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
There were three of us in Extension Music in my year, but two of us were performance and I was composition, so the other two got the timetabled periods, and I took any time before and after music classes. Suited me fine, since I did all my compositions only a few nights before they were actually due.

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
well i do extension at a different school to my normal one...i go to a selective school and go to a performing arts school for music so i kinda get the best of both worlds hahah. anyway we actually just go over anything we need to go over in our normal music 2 classes and thats that! the teacher just chucks assessment tasks at us and nothing more! i am doing musicology elective and she gives me performance assessments! AARGH! i might go through open high maybe....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)