Extension courses for year 12? And what are you dropping? (1 Viewer)

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
Wrx it's all in good fun! Don't back down now....I bet you could take estel out any day. Have you seen the size of that kid !;) lol kidding. In all seriousness it is these sort of intellectual discussions that help develop logic and reason within your arguments, so don't stop now.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Well, the bigger man, always ends the argument ;) Besides i dont think he is bigger than 188 cm :D You're right, but i know for a fact that i can go too far in arguments....

PrettyNoose

HSC
hmm yeah might be picking up both extensions, then dropping chem and ancient, which will leave me with 4u maths and eng, geography and SOR..11 units, which is what i want

or dropping only ancient and doing one extension which is 12 units

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
dropping legal studies
picking up ee2 and perhaps history ext
so i would have 4u eng, ancient, eco, maths, sor1 and maybe hist ext.
that = 11/12 units :)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
we had to say the other day if we intend to do ee2. i was like omg i hadnt thought that far ahead! like i know i wanna do hist ext, but i really hadnt thought about the whole ee2 thing. i said maybe i would do it and yeah i am not sure

EskimoPunk

HSC
I was considering Extension 2 English, but I don't really know what the course involves, I only know that its a lot of work and I'm not really planning on working all the hard. Makes sense...or not. I'm probably doing Extension History though, History's fun times. Definately dropping Chemistry.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
EskimoPunk said:
I was considering Extension 2 English, but I don't really know what the course involves, I only know that its a lot of work and I'm not really planning on working all the hard. Makes sense...or not. I'm probably doing Extension History though, History's fun times. Definately dropping Chemistry.
From what I hear, ext history is more work than ee2. Especially because it actually has an exam and classwork. Ee2 just involves writing a major work and reflection statement (that's your external 'exam') and for internals doing 3 works to reflect on your progress - proposal, vive voce and report. So basically, it involves spending a year writing a piece and doing internal assessments to reflect on it.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Slide Rule said:
Everyone calls me elitist, too. I don't intend to be, nor do I think like an elitist - just some of my sentences give off that idea. =/
Elitist is just another word for up yourself, however you dont portray urself as "that" elitist, i suppose it is just you passion for maths, which is admired

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
droppin 3 unit maths - no maths, droppin 3 unit eng to standard eng, transfering from chem to "Free period" keeping eco and software design... lol... Na prolli end up doin 4u eng and droppin ext1 math... depends on ma yearly markz. :D

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
no offence sine rule, but u seem 2 come from a sub stansard skool... im not saying ur not smart, but the fact that there is no competition 4 u might bring u down n it would be hard 2 compare urself to the rest of the state... i say dont take nething 4 granted... u seem 2 be confident in getting that band 6 4 4u maths, but u cant seem 2 get in the 90s 4 2u or 3u... dont get 2 ahead of urself.
i like ur passion 4 maths, i have a similar thing with maths.. but i dont like the fact that u take 4u maths so lightly... it would be worth as much as it is if it was so easy... i not even sure if i am capable 2 do the course and u are talkn about getting that band 6..... there is 1 thing in being confident (which i tell u i am defantly not) but u seem 2 be over confident...
in comparison 2 u i have not been ranked lower than 2nd in any prelim maths exam this year...
when compared to the hsc students i am up there with the 3u n 4u students, so i can say that i am not a drop kick.... but still i dont take anything lightly... im telling u prelim 2u is easy... its yr 9 or yr 10 work n 2u hsc is nothing 2 3u or 4u.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
yeah it is important not to be overconfident, but guys you have to remember to have some confidence in your ability to do well! because if you believe you can do something and work hard, you can

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
glycerine said:
From what I hear, ext history is more work than ee2. Especially because it actually has an exam and classwork. Ee2 just involves writing a major work and reflection statement (that's your external 'exam') and for internals doing 3 works to reflect on your progress - proposal, vive voce and report. So basically, it involves spending a year writing a piece and doing internal assessments to reflect on it.
This could be a very subjective issue. Personally, having attempted both EE2 and Ext hist, I found EE2 exhausting. The pressure to do well in ee2 was MUCH higher (in my case) than the pressure from hist ext. But this, of course, varies from school to school. The case study is marked internally in ext hist, so alot of pressure or lack of) comes from your teacher. Also, the Major essay for ext hist is only 2500 words. No reflection statement. I dont like calling it a major work, because it really isnt that. It's just a research essay. The standards and difficulty (this is limiting the discussion to the Major work/essay) for EE2, in general is much higher IMO.

Then the other components of Ext hist come into play. the case study can either make you love et hist to death or hate the bloody subject. So make sure, you check which case study you will be doing before picking up the subject. If you HATE HATE modern, then JFK or the Appeasement wont go down very well :p

Historiography is also boring to some people. It's isnt like learning history in yr 7-10 or even yr 11 and 12 ancient or modern. Finding out about the actual work should makes things clearer rather than hearing individual stories from certain students.

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
I assumed Estel was a girl as well but apparently hes a guy. That makes the arrogance more expected, as girls usually feign a lack of confidence e.g "hehehe I was just lucky hehehehe." - I will be flamed for that comment but I am only telling the truth
I called Estel elitist and in true Nietzschean fashion she took it as it was intended- to be elitist is fine IMHO as long as you are willing to take the responsibility (i.e. being compared to everyone and therefore mocked). I think Estel has a lot of academic ability and the only people that are obnoxiously elitist are those with low self-esteems and inferiority complexes (are they the same thing???) and low ability.
btw Those comments about a sport team were sort of funny -who were they posted by??? I might be interested. It reminds me of the nerds taking on the jocks in the Simpsons Nerds brutally bashed in football riot

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)