Extension Math and English (1 Viewer)

tarasomerville

HSC
So I know a LOT of you take both extension math and English.
My XEng class originally had 10 people, and math had about 20, but only myself and two other people were doing both extensions. Math has dropped to about 18 and those other two people both dropped English extension (as well as some other people) and we have about 6 people left in XEng.
I'm now the only person taking both extensions.
This makes me very proud of myself, actually.. I feel accomplished. I'm pretty sure I will be staying - I don't want to drop either, but I do need to improve in math.
I was wondering about extension 2 English and Math. In my school I know Englishx2 is basically your major work through the whole year, and math is obviously just more math. I was wondering how long it would take for the average xstudent to study fr these subjects to do well. I'm still deciding if I should take X2 up or not. I will be finished SOR this year and I'm dropping bio, so that is about 16 free/study periods (1hreach) during school time that I will have. I think if I took extension 2, I'd have about 8 extension periods a fortnight (if x2 has the same amount a fortnight as x1, which is 4). That gives me an hour for each extension lesson if I took up both math and English x2.
what do you guys think?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
The answer is: You do the subject and you figure it out for yourself.

I can't tell you how long it will take for you to figure out how conics work, or how long it'll take before the switch in your brain turns on and goes "Aha! I know how to do those weird complex number locus questions" - no one can.

Now if you're a good maths student - then you'll pick it up quickly, usually. If not, then - it'll take longer.

And for Extension 2 English, you put in as much work as is needed until your major work is good.

Magical Kebab

HSC
The answer is: You do the subject and you figure it out for yourself.

I can't tell you how long it will take for you to figure out how conics work, or how long it'll take before the switch in your brain turns on and goes "Aha! I know how to do those weird complex number locus questions" - no one can.

Now if you're a good maths student - then you'll pick it up quickly, usually. If not, then - it'll take longer.

And for Extension 2 English, you put in as much work as is needed until your major work is good.
Speaks the truth ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)