Extension pieces (solo and ensemble) (1 Viewer)

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
I know annastina has done a thread like this but I didn't want to take it over, so... I play 8th grade cello and I was going to do Brahms concerto in e min (1st movement) as my ensemble piece, but my teacher said it might count as a solo because it's for cello and piano, not cello and orchestra. So now I have one piece that could be solo or ensemble, and I need two others... any suggestions? I have an assessment task coming up where I have to play all three pieces and I don't even know what they are. :( I'll be in heaps of trouble unless I start the other two pieces real soon. Any suggestions?

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Harry Villa Lobos- The jet Whistle duo for Flute and Cello Mvt 1 -3 (fits in time slot- i did it for my hsc on cello ensemble piece)

Mozart Piano Quartet in Gminor - Mvt 1 (ensemble)

Fauré - Eleige (cant spell :p ^_^ ) Which is solo cello

Shostakovich Cello / piano Sonata in Dminor (1st mvt... and you may have to cut the 1st mvt in half - as i did for me hsc perf

Stravinsky Suite Italienne 1st and 3rd Mvt for cello and piano

J.S Bach sonata for Cello and Piano 1st Mvt (I played it cutting it 5 bars from the end due to imperfect cadence that leads onto 2nd mvt - just not enought time to do 2nd mvt )

Sarah Hopkins - REclaiming the Sprit (solo cello - tis fun seagully piece)

Sculthorpe - Threnody ( solo cello- Fun too )

Max Bruch - Canzonetta ( piano and Cello - Kinda longish )

Saint Seans Concerto for Cello First movement (one of my faves ^_^)

most of these pieces are 8- Amus A lvl ... some below.. Dont stress, and have fun choosing! :D

_____

You can go to the Australian Music Centre Website For aussie pieces and search their HSC Catalouge for Cello works...

Or go to City library or somewhere and search through

truzoro

HSC
go brahms trio

ey how u been, listen im doin brahms trio for clarinet, piano and cello...cuz its a trio it wont be counted as a solo, and if they winge about it...slap em in da face.
i was lookin for a cello player for ages but ive already found one recently, you sound good though...anywhooz keep ur head up..havent got long to go eh...were nearly there.... later

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
Thx guys for your suggestions, I chose my pieces - Brahms is now counting as solo, also doing Bach prelude from suite three and Mozart divertimento in f k138 (string quartet)... we have an assessment on thursday where I have to play all three, so I kinda had to stop bumming around and choose the damn pieces... :p But hey, it's all sorted now! :)

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
UPDATE: we had our extension assessment this evening and I played all three pieces and it went really well! I was so fucking nervous but it was all cool in the end... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)