extra points for your UAI????- what the??? (1 Viewer)

mazarina211

HSC
hello guys,

i was just wondering about this extra points system thing for your uAI. i've heard through various friends that you can sit an exam and if you do well or sumthing like 3 points are added to your UAI. so for example, if you get a UAI of 90 but do that exam you could get a 93. is that true???????

i also heard that if you have a sick family member or if you've been sick and its affected your study (if you have a legitamete excuse) the board of studies can do the same and give u extra marks. is this also true????

any help guys??
thanks
mazza

Last edited:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I had a friend that got around 96 UAI, her uncle had recently died, this obviously affecting her study, and FIVE points were added, giving her 101 UAI. :)

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Newcastle University does it (Educational Access Scheme) its an extra 4 UAI points but you have to be a regional student ie have studied in Newcastle and apply for the university.
Ha, I could be one of the lucky ones and do that (I study in Newwie), except i'm aiming for UTS...no extra points for meeeee

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
I live in the middle of nowhere, so if I apply to any of the University of Newcastle, Wollongong University, University of New England, or Charles Sturt University, I'll get a bonus 4 or 5 points on my UAI. :D

I_F

~Han~

HSC
my friend wants to do medicine at newcastle and she was saying that she gets about 5 bonus marks, as long as she returns to the country after she graduates for a certain amount of time.
UNSW also has a rural entry scheme with medicine...a friend graduated from that and she is going to be the most amazing doctor.
i think CSU gives 5 extra points for all courses too.

does any one know if UTS does anything like that?

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
UTS doesn't offer the EAS bonus, as far as I know. Most Sydney unis (outside UNSW's rural medicine scheme) don't offer bonuses to rural students.

I_F

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
if i apply to go to Uni of Wollongong i will recieve 3 bonus points to my UAI because of the regional school scheme. And my school is like an hour away

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)