Extra Points (1 Viewer)

Kimbo Bimbo

HSC
hey all, im wondering if anyone knows how to get extra UAI points for teachers changing, and the rules that apply. thanks :)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
It's just a unavoidable fact of school/life and a pretty unpreventable one at that, which does happen to the vast majority of HSC students so to give 'extra points' (special consideration) would be difficult to manage and determine who deserves more etc etc.

jessal

HSC
2syllables said:
no im serious...my teacher was telling me about it but i was like wasnt sure about it
lol no, i wasnt refering to what you said. i was talking about the original post.
as for your post,yes that has happened in the past.

reminds me of that movie where those 2 guys go around college looking for a depressed person and trying to convince em to kill themselves.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
i'm pretty sure that one of my friends actually did get extra uai points because she's disadvantaged in some way (i can't really remember) that affects her performance when she's doing tests.

wait, i remember. she gets massive massive panic attacks and gets really bad hand cramps, so that she has to stop writing, like, after a couple of sentences (or something to that effect). And, there's also something else that i can't remember.

but, i may just be wrong, so don't quote me on this. :)

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
magpam said:
can you really get points for that...

im pretty sure special provision but points???
weeelllllll.... i'm not too sure about that. I do know that she got special provision, but then one of my other friends told me that she also got extra uai points too.... but, maybe she was wrong..... oh man, now i don't know what to believe...

dont listen to me people! I will infect your brains!!!! :eek:

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
Without Wings said:
ssejamafone: It is likely your friend would have applied for EAS due to personal illness/disability. If this was the case then they may have allowed her entrance to certain universities/courses with a slightly lower uai then the cutoff due to her circumstances, her actual UAI wouldn't have changed. At some universities they refer to their eas scheme as "bonus points" as when they calculate your entrance to the university they use your actual uai and increase it to compete with other applicants. Some people who don't understand fully how the system works refer to EAST as "extra uai points", which is probably what your other friend meant.
oohhh... ok. well, that clears things up. :)

~untitled~

HSC
Our school is recognised as disadvanteged, so everyone at my school that applies for uni's in nsw gets 5 bonus uai points... As well as another 4 if we apply to a local uni...

Why must i want to go away, hence recieving none of the bonus points as uq is stupid and wont give me the bonus points.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
~untitled~ said:
Our school is recognised as disadvanteged, so everyone at my school that applies for uni's in nsw gets 5 bonus uai points... As well as another 4 if we apply to a local uni...

Why must i want to go away, hence recieving none of the bonus points as uq is stupid and wont give me the bonus points.
u serious????? :eek:

but, that's NINE FRIKKIN EXTRA POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but, what if youve got some super genuii hiding in there, and then they come out with a uai of 105!!!!!?!?!??!?!

EGADS :eek:

wow.....

Season

HSC
^^ My brother was in a major car crash a week before his major VCE exams, as well he went to a disadvantaged school so he some universities gave him huge amounts of points. He ended up getting 93, so the unis that offered him like 10 points gave him the place in any course he wanted.

However not all unis are so kind, and many unis won't consider special consideration unless there are spaces in the course after the first round. Ie except in extreme circumstances universities don't accept EAS for medicine, because there is always more then enough candidates above the cutoff.

I'm applying for special consideration this year and just for anyone interested, the categories are

disrupted schooling
-attending 3 or more schools in year 10/11/12
-moving from overseas
-moving interstate
-missed long periods of time
-refugee

finacial hardship

home enviroment/responsibilities
-death of close friend
-life threatening disability of friend family
divorce or sepatation of faily
criminal proceedings
- excessive responsibility
work requirements to support family
-abuse to family friends yourself

english language difficulty

personal illness disability

school enviroment

yeah you do some research now

jessal

HSC
~untitled~ said:
similar situation with my school. not sure about the uni thing though. anyway last yr a girl ended up with a uai of 108 haha

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Season said:
Ie except in extreme circumstances universities don't accept EAS for medicine, because there is always more then enough candidates above the cutoff.
SEAS is accepted at Monash for all mid-range cut-off applicants. Also EAS/ACCESS at UNSW for long-term disadvantages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)