Extra things for Perofmance IP?? (1 Viewer)

amydancer1

Hey I was just wondering if for the performance IP, we were allowed to create our own lighting?? Sorry I mean, can we use any lighting plan we like (where possible), and also could I use something like a projector and a screen on stage??

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
You can... but seriously its best not to. There are so many things which can go wrong with lighting and projections. If something were to go wrong you would be completely thrown.

The best thing to so is the standard up at the start down at the begining.

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Remember, the examiners will be marking the performance itself. Any special lighting or SFX will not assist your mark, it can actually harm your mark especially if the LX/SFX are not justified. A friend of mine is using a power point presentation (which is at the piss your pants funny stage) however, HE INTERACTS with the presentation. If it doesn't do anythin for you, doesn't progress the piece...or, is too complicated and you're trying to show off any technical skills you embody...the markers will pick up on it and it would be to your disadvantage...
Originally, I had a lighting design/plot for my IP, cause I'm actually a techie (I do Sound, Lighting and Stage Management gigs outside of school)...I showed my teacher and it was totally rejected, with my performance, its lights up...lights down.
In short, I agree with Wilmo.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Originally posted by Skillo
Remember, the examiners will be marking the performance itself. Any special lighting or SFX will not assist your mark, it can actually harm your mark especially if the LX/SFX are not justified. A friend of mine is using a power point presentation (which is at the piss your pants funny stage) however, HE INTERACTS with the presentation. If it doesn't do anythin for you, doesn't progress the piece...or, is too complicated and you're trying to show off any technical skills you embody...the markers will pick up on it and it would be to your disadvantage...
Originally, I had a lighting design/plot for my IP, cause I'm actually a techie (I do Sound, Lighting and Stage Management gigs outside of school)...I showed my teacher and it was totally rejected, with my performance, its lights up...lights down.
In short, I agree with Wilmo.

Have to agree with skillo there. Ill give you a quote from one of my drama teachers... "The markers want to see that if they put you out in the middle of George street, you can present the same thing!"

Although Powerpoint and other stuff like that is GOOD, Some schools have such vast technological resources whilst others don't, so they can't mark you on how much cash you or your school have.

Does that make sense?

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
If you look at the criteria sheet for performance... one of them is "minimal production effects, only those essential to the works meaning."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)