EY/pwc cadetships (1 Viewer)

rodneymate

HSC
Hey guys I got an offer from pwc and ey. which one do you guys think I should pick? I asked my careers advisor, parents, older brother who is an accountant, uni friends and family friends. the overwhelming majority said to pick pwc. they said to pick pwc because its bigger (both in terms of revenue and building size), better reputation, they treat cadets much better and because they give more support for your studies (including $$$$$$$$$).

So im leaning towards pwc significantly.

thoughts anyone?

EDIT: ive picked pwc after asking many people at pwc and ey. I encourage ppl who have the choice b/w ey and pwc to pick pwc. Even if your friends are at ey or if you think ey has "better culture"(which I disagree with), its better to pick pwc. Youll regret if you dont

Last edited:

quintissential1

HSC
Hey mate, I'm in the exact same position haha its tough...

Funnily enough I'm actually leaning the other way towards EY. In terms of size of the firm, they are relatively the same (the EY building is much bigger and nicer). Ive spoken to a few cadets and it seems to be that there is a more supportive environment at EY. In terms of pay I'm pretty sure cash wise its pretty similar ?

But then again, I'm questioning my decision too!!

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

Funnily enough I'm actually leaning the other way towards EY. In terms of size of the firm, they are relatively the same (the EY building is much bigger and nicer). Ive spoken to a few cadets and it seems to be that there is a more supportive environment at EY. In terms of pay I'm pretty sure cash wise its pretty similar ?

EY is relocating buildings in 2018 further down george st (basically opposite Deloitte) so i wouldn't use that as a deciding factor.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Locations aren't static- they seem to change every 10-15 years. And more relevant to this thread;

e.g. http://www.smh.com.au/business/bara...fter-hsbc-and-pwc-sign-on-20140430-37i2c.html

In terms of which one to choose, well, it depends which area you're looking at and which one you connected with more. Whilst there are some obvious things in common, they aren't entirely the same and depending on line of service, there are also pretty big differences in terms of work, clients, expectations, support, etc.

rodneymate

HSC

When I said size, I did not mean building. pwc is bigger in terms of revenue. MUCH BIGGER. In fact, pwc building is actually bigger and better and nicer imo.

So today I rejected EY and accepted pwc. Feeling very happy about my decision. I encourage people to make their decision quickly, it gets really ugly if you delay your decisions.

pwc environment is more supportive according to the people who have worked at both. Note that when you speak to cadets, they have only worked at one so…not a good source of info. All they probably have seen of pwc is an office tour probably. Also they'd obviously be biased to the one they work at (EY).

And pwc pay more, I asked both companies how much is given

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
When I said size, I did not mean building. pwc is bigger in terms of revenue. MUCH BIGGER. In fact, pwc building is actually bigger and better and nicer imo.

So today I rejected EY and accepted pwc. Feeling very happy about my decision. I encourage people to make their decision quickly, it gets really ugly if you delay your decisions.

pwc environment is more supportive according to the people who have worked at both. Note that when you speak to cadets, they have only worked at one so…not a good source of info. All they probably have seen of pwc is an office tour probably. Also they'd obviously be biased to the one they work at (EY).

And pwc pay more, I asked both companies how much is given
Seems like you put a good deal of thought in your decision. Best wishes for when you finally get around to starting! Which service line are you in? I'm guessing you'll be starting in 2016 which is new building time lol.

ps. Congratulations!

rodneymate

HSC
Seems like you put a good deal of thought in your decision. Best wishes for when you finally get around to starting! Which service line are you in? I'm guessing you'll be starting in 2016 which is new building time lol.

ps. Congratulations!
assurance. uh im going to start in 2015 probably, im going to have a look at options again.
Haha thanks

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys I got an offer from pwc and ey. which one do you guys think I should pick? I asked my careers advisor, parents, older brother who is an accountant, uni friends and family friends. the overwhelming majority said to pick pwc. they said to pick pwc because its bigger (both in terms of revenue and building size), better reputation, they treat cadets much better and because they give more support for your studies (including $$$$$$$$$).

So im leaning towards pwc significantly.

thoughts anyone?

EDIT: ive picked pwc after asking many people at pwc and ey. I encourage ppl who have the choice b/w ey and pwc to pick pwc. Even if your friends are at ey or if you think ey has "better culture"(which I disagree with), its better to pick pwc. Youll regret if you dont
They're both the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)