F*ck you Coles Myer (1 Viewer)

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
and they ask the most random questions

the answers to which all the other people in the interview know because they have retail experience

Trogie

HSC
SashatheMan said:
i remember 10 years ago , u walk into the managers office slam yuor fist on their desk and demand a job. these days is so much harder
lol, applying for jobs as an 8 year old were ya?

X

xeuyrawp

SashatheMan said:
i remember 10 years ago , u walk into the managers office slam yuor fist on their desk and demand a job. these days is so much harder
Haha, exactly. I got my last three jobs by just talking to someone once, now everyone screens you for pedophilic tendancies.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
So, I was rejected by Colesmyer after keeping me on the line for like, 2 months. And now a better job came along and I'm glad Colesmyer rejected me. bwahaha

X

xeuyrawp

funky_a said:
So, I was rejected by Colesmyer after keeping me on the line for like, 2 months. And now a better job came along and I'm glad Colesmyer rejected me. bwahaha
Did you contact them, or wait to be contacted? In any case, during that 2 months, you should have been looking elsewhere, but it all worked out for the best :)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
funky_a said:
hmm whats the job, is it singing in the tunnel for money>?? after all yuor doign an arts degree, practice for the future .

X

xeuyrawp

SashatheMan said:
hmm whats the job, is it singing in the tunnel for money>?? after all yuor doign an arts degree, practice for the future .
What a lovely comment, you certainly are "the man".

Last edited by a moderator:

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Did you contact them, or wait to be contacted? In any case, during that 2 months, you should have been looking elsewhere, but it all worked out for the best :)
i was looking somewhere else, and they rejected me after the group interview and told me I didn't have enough avaliability.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
SashatheMan said:
Wow, I see people have moved on from uni bashing to course bashing. And you realise that B Arts is a broad unit? That you can major in a lot of things?
And no, it is not singing in tunnels, it is selling perfumes at either Myer or David Jones.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
funky_a said:
Wow, I see people have moved on from uni bashing to course bashing. And you realise that B Arts is a broad unit? That you can major in a lot of things?
oh yeh major such as cigaret salesman, racoon maintennace, or sandwich repair.

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
SashatheMan said:
heh nah man foreign languages, etc.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
SashatheMan said:
ahhaha

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SashatheMan again.

X

xeuyrawp

redruM said:
ahhaha

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SashatheMan again.
are you serious? He is such a self-obsessed git. Look at the name- "SashaTheMan" lol, and the website- just about himself (he lives a pretty boring life, by the looks of it, too. Definitely one of those people that is only loved by himself)

X

xeuyrawp

janahue said:
haha, basically, coles myer seems to think it's on a pedestal of 'most desired employer', they have roughly about 3 group interviews a week and with the applicants, it takes from 1 week to 1 year for them to 'get back to you' on the interview and to let you know if you got the job. It was roughly 3 weeks after the interview that i was offered a job and a month after that before the place that I wanted was available. The pay is mediocre so screw it, you're better off finding a better place.
Well they are a huge company, with a centralised employment scheme for the around 20 different types of retail outlets that they have. Basically they're huge and they know it.

Edit: Let's toast to the fat companies that make our world the capitalist dictatorship it is :disco:

Collin

HSC
N/A
illmatic said:
i applied for chrissy work when i was like 16-ish and i put my availabilities for over 6 hours each day for every week

so basically they rejected a young, cheap kid who has plenty of availabilites and who spoke heaps in his group interview...

im tellin ya the system is dodgy
You're a douche bag. Just because you personally didn't get it doesn't mean you have the validity to generalise how the system works for everyone.

Rayanaldo said:
I emailed the recruiter yesterday asking him for some feedback.

Today i got a reply and he said i didn't get the job due to my availability.
That's exactly what I was going to say. Employers tend to want people who are qualified (relevantly, and sufficiently to the position you're applying for), motivated who also have good availability (aswell as putting down alot of brands you're willing to work.. i.e being flexible in general). Chances are there are lots of people out there who want the same job you do. As a giant multinational corporation, they have the open options.. and they want employees who are flexible in their hours, locations and brands.

Nickl_pickl

I went to the group interview, was told I was successful, then nothing happened for ages so I managed to get in contact with the recruiter. I was told there were no positions available in any of the stores I had nominated to work in. I was told to wait for a position to come up. Well, it's been almost 6 months and I havn't heard anything. Why did they bother getting me in for an interview if they had no vacancies in the first place? That's a couple of hours of my life that I'll never get back. Thanks for nothing coles myer

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Nickl_pickl said:
I went to the group interview, was told I was successful, then nothing happened for ages so I managed to get in contact with the recruiter. I was told there were no positions available in any of the stores I had nominated to work in. I was told to wait for a position to come up. Well, it's been almost 6 months and I havn't heard anything. Why did they bother getting me in for an interview if they had no vacancies in the first place? That's a couple of hours of my life that I'll never get back. Thanks for nothing coles myer
they get so many applications that they have to sift through all of them rather than leaving them to pile up for group interviews

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
PwarYuex said:
are you serious? He is such a self-obsessed git. Look at the name- "SashaTheMan" lol, and the website- just about himself (he lives a pretty boring life, by the looks of it, too. Definitely one of those people that is only loved by himself)
just noticed this.

i was being serious? lol quite the opposite i found sasha's post funny.

X

xeuyrawp

redruM said:
just noticed this.

i was being serious? lol quite the opposite i found sasha's post funny.
Sorry, but I couldn't tell- sarcasm doesn't transfer well through text...

I just asked my mum who said that I went to a Coles Myre Group interview and got rejected! I can't even remember the results, I must have gotten hired by EB shortly after and that's why I forgot. She said that she told me to not wear jeans and that she was right :rolleyes:

baker182

HSC
Rayanaldo said:
I just got an email saying that my application was unsuccessful.

WTF for?

I had my group interview 2 weeks ago. I went there relaxed, spoke clearly, participated well enough in the group discussions, handed in my resume and other awards i achieved, but they still didn't accept me.

Since i go to uni 4 days a week (finish @ 10am on Tuesday and have Wednesday off), i put my availability on Tuesday, Wednesday and the weekend. I put previous experience working in a family business around 5-6 years ago.

But thats still not good enough for those bastards. Should i email the recruitment officer (Igor) and tell him why i was unsuccessful or should i abuse him?

I'm still without a job. I'm so bloody pissed off.

A big F*CK YOU to Coles Myer and i hope you go bankrupt in the near future.
Working in a family business, donst count as experanice with Coles Myers :D
Your recruitment office, should of explained that to you at the group interview.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)