Facial cleansers/products (1 Viewer)

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
What do you use on your face/cleaning ritual do you do? Do you find it actually does anything?

I used to be a Dr.Hauschka junkie but after my brother stopped working for them I cut back on their products because it was just costing me too much...

I tried Nivea products for a while, whatever that teenage range is, but I found it didn't do much, and I'd still get those white head things, those clogged bumpy colourless pores.

Now I use L'oreal Pure Zone and my skin is fantastic and even. I do the whole cleansing lotion/toner/moisturising fluid routine every morning and night. It's great, I can feel what it's doing to my skin, like when I've been completely stressed out it burns quite a bit, because I tend to break out if I've been stressed out. I've also noticed that I don't get many if any white heads anymore either.

I also use Dr.Hauschka eye contour cream, and Dr.Hauschka sunscreen. And I wear sunscreen EVERYday, even if it's raining.

Lennie

I only use the QV bar of soap. its sold at chemists for about $12 i think. it sounds simple, but i have worked out that the less chemicals that you put on your skin, the better. but i have horribly sensitive skin, so maybe thats just me. but i honestly think, that if you dont natually have bad skin, you dont need to use such a wealth of products :)

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
i agree. i have pretty good skin, only get the occasional pimple, not dry, not oily etc. for a long time all i would do was wash my face with warm water in the shower cos that's all i needed to do. now i just use very basic johnson+johnson cleanser and moisturiser. i think it's best to leave your skin natural, unless you have problem skin.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
that's so true :)

i use loreal pure zone cleaner and moisturizer. i try not to put too much chemicals. if i had clear skin all the time, i'd just wash it with a bit of soap and moisturize.

i know that the more chemicals i use now, the more are going to bite me in the ass when i'm old '-_-

s0k0y0e0

HSC
According to my old Dermo the best thing for your skin is water! But; I also use a scrub every once in a while, and I use moisteriser EVERY day! :uhhuh: :)

HSC
Neutrogena hypo-allergenic soap.
Neutrogena foaming cleanser.
Neutrogena extra-gentle cleanser.
Neutrogena exfoliating scrub.
Neutrogena Body Wash.
Johnson and Johnson pH5.5 facial toner.
Garnier Body Toner.
The Body Shop moisturisers.
Shiseido tinted moisturiser.
Neutrogena Body Moisturiser. Can't go past the Norwegian formula.

Argh... I'm an obsessive freak.

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
EnterNameHere said:
I only use the QV bar of soap. its sold at chemists for about $12 i think. it sounds simple, but i have worked out that the less chemicals that you put on your skin, the better. but i have horribly sensitive skin, so maybe thats just me. but i honestly think, that if you dont natually have bad skin, you dont need to use such a wealth of products :)
This is why I was using Hauschka for a long long while. Their range is holistic. No chemicals etc, except for some in the sunscreen, but I still feel better using their sunscreen rather than other brands. Chemicals may be bad for your skin and stuff but a lot of them do good for it. If you don't keep your skin in condition now, it's going to have just as a bad an effect when you get older. But I don't wear make up etc because I don't want to clog my pores with the chemicals that are in them.

I only switched to L'oreal once I moved to the city. I found that when I moved to Sydney my skin got really oily and clogged up, whereas where I lived before I had no such problem and didn't need to cleanse. But even then I always wore sunscreen. I never ever go without it.

Lennie

Is the sunscreen you use alright for sensitive skin?
every one i have tried gives me an allergic reation..

asscookie

dork.
HSC
Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser
Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2
Neutrogena moisturiser for sensitive skin (they didn't have the sunscreen one in stock)
Pevonia mask for combination skin. It's hard to find, I can only buy it from my beautician.

I use Retin-A at night, and clindamycin as needed. I get peels from the dermatologist once in a while, too, which helps.

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
Re: Moisturiser with sunscreen.
Neutrogena oilfree SPF 15. Inexpensive. Does its job. They have one for sensitive skin aswell I think.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
asscookie said:
Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser
Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2
Neutrogena moisturiser for sensitive skin (they didn't have the sunscreen one in stock)
Pevonia mask for combination skin. It's hard to find, I can only buy it from my beautician.

I use Retin-A at night, and clindamycin as needed. I get peels from the dermatologist once in a while, too, which helps.
what's clindamycin?

I use either QV or cetaphil and they're good and don't irritate my skin. I wear sunscreen now because i'm getting more freckly as I get older and at night use olay sensitive skin moisturiser.

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
whiterabbit said:
Where can i find this Hauschka you all speak of?
Beauty salons? You can buy it cheaper on strawberry net. Do a search.

asscookie

dork.
HSC
steph@nie said:
what's clindamycin?
Clindamycin is a prescription antibiotic for pimples. It comes in a little bottle with an applicator sponge on the end, and you just dab it on your skin if you have one of those nasty deep pimples, because it penetrates (unlike pimple creams that dry out the surface of the skin).

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
asscookie said:
Clindamycin is a prescription antibiotic for pimples. It comes in a little bottle with an applicator sponge on the end, and you just dab it on your skin if you have one of those nasty deep pimples, because it penetrates (unlike pimple creams that dry out the surface of the skin).
does it dry yr skin out heaps? I had to use differin at one stage and it was awful.

asscookie

dork.
HSC
It can dry your skin a little bit, due to the alcohol in it, but it doesn't dry my skin to the extent of benzoyl peroxide or retin A (don't know about differin).

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
sometimes i use apricot facial scrub, it works good

sugared plum

HSC
asscookie said:
It can dry your skin a little bit, due to the alcohol in it, but it doesn't dry my skin to the extent of benzoyl peroxide or retin A (don't know about differin).
it's because it is an antibiotic which actually kills the bacteria which causes the pimple.
it's kinda bad to just use it when you get a bad pimple, because theoretically, people who need clindamycin have acne all over, and thus you're meant to apply it all over. but more serious problem is if you just apply periodically after a while your body will develop a resistence to it, and that could be bad if yr skin gets real bad and the antibiotic no longer works.

(i know this is preachy, blame past-life job in a pharmacy )

asscookie

dork.
HSC
sugared plum said:
it's because it is an antibiotic which actually kills the bacteria which causes the pimple.
it's kinda bad to just use it when you get a bad pimple, because theoretically, people who need clindamycin have acne all over, and thus you're meant to apply it all over. but more serious problem is if you just apply periodically after a while your body will develop a resistence to it, and that could be bad if yr skin gets real bad and the antibiotic no longer works.

(i know this is preachy, blame past-life job in a pharmacy )
Oh wow..I didn't know that. My dermatologist told me to just put it on the bad ones :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)