Failed a assignment (1 Viewer)

stressedadfff

HSC
Hi guys, I just received one of my assessments back for legal and I did horribly like C horrible. I’ve never really done this bad and my rank went really really low. My teacher can’t teach for shit and I feel as tho she has a very bad impression of me for dropping one of her other classes. I feel really really demotivated and dk what to do (like to the point where I’m considering repeating year 12 because I know this school isn’t allowing me to be at my full potential). This is the only subject I have t gotten below 85 and I’m sitting at 70 atm which is really scaring me. Has anyone experienced this but was able to bounce back or am I just going to fail the hsc. I’m realllyyyy like not bothered after this. Please give me any advice 😭😭😭😭😭😭

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't worry! You are still able to bounce back! The same happened to me with maths when I was in year 12 (I was on a 70 average once trials were over) but my final HSC mark was 81! Such things can happen to anyone. What matters is the ability to identify our mistakes and work on improving our weak areas. If we are determined to do so, we can definitely improve!

As for your teacher, just ignore her. This is about you only. You should only be thinking about your own journey and what you can do to perform better. 👍

Do not hesitate to seek assistance with anything related to Legal Studies here. There are plenty of highly knowledgeable people who can help you.

All the best! 😄

Leadmen4y

HSC
definitely can always bounce back especially with a high weighting assessment (say 25%+), but really realistically there's nothing you can do about the past so it's better to look forward! I was giving up too after getting a D in my first assessment in English but I bounced back after doing a lot better in my second assessment and now I'm on a B, so don't give up!

MosuKay^^

HSC
Hi guys, I just received one of my assessments back for legal and I did horribly like C horrible. I’ve never really done this bad and my rank went really really low. My teacher can’t teach for shit and I feel as tho she has a very bad impression of me for dropping one of her other classes. I feel really really demotivated and dk what to do (like to the point where I’m considering repeating year 12 because I know this school isn’t allowing me to be at my full potential). This is the only subject I have t gotten below 85 and I’m sitting at 70 atm which is really scaring me. Has anyone experienced this but was able to bounce back or am I just going to fail the hsc. I’m realllyyyy like not bothered after this. Please give me any advice 😭😭😭😭😭😭
What rank is your school? And what rank are you?

And dw so much, your rank is more important and it can change significantly if you do way better in your next assesments

Last edited:

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Oh yeah for sure you can bounce back.

MosuKay^^

HSC
Is it possible to repeat year 12? surely not....is it?
What rank is your school?
Actually, yes it is. But, only with good reason will you be able to. Also if you fail to meet hsc requirements you will have to repeat.

Definitely not worth losing 1 year of your life to increase your results by a few marks. But if your life got Interrupted for example by eg a motor accident, then there is very good reason to repeat

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
Is it possible to repeat year 12? surely not....is it?
It’s not only possible to repeat Yr 12, but also possible to repeat just one subject (usually at TAFE) to get a better ATAR, but once students get Uni offers, they rarely see the point of repeating which is why it’s so uncommon.

This is a link to NESA’s explicit details of HSC pathways (https://studentsonline.nesa.nsw.edu.au/documents/studying-for-the-nsw-hsc.pdf). On page 3, NESA states students have five years to do their HSC exams, the latest attempt at any particular subject is always counted, otherwise there are no penalties for resitting (so only resit a subject if you’re sure you’ll get a better mark in that subject).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)