FAILED TRIAL BUSINESS ESSAY! PLEASE HELP ESTIMATE WHAT MARK I WILL RECIEVE! (1 Viewer)

ChantalMilani12

HSC
Hi! I am very worried about my completed business trials. I had to answer a business essay question on cash flow management strategies and global financial management. Unfortunately, I only used hypothetical case studies ex: business A has an accounts receivable ratio of 28 days, in contrast, business B has 40 days, this business A is in a better financial position. I didn’t use specific examples such as Apple outsourcing employment as a method of global financial management. All my content was perfect, my headings and order were directly memorised from the syllabus. On the day It did not cross my mind to include case studies! I am very worried. If anyone could let me know to the best they can, what mark I may be able to get if I didn’t include case studies would be much appreciated! (Ps the teacher marking said the maximum mark for a business essay without case studies was 10/20) I just need greater insight into where I may be sitting in terms of my essay mark! Thank you

idkkdi

HSC
Hi! I am very worried about my completed business trials. I had to answer a business essay question on cash flow management strategies and global financial management. Unfortunately, I only used hypothetical case studies ex: business A has an accounts receivable ratio of 28 days, in contrast, business B has 40 days, this business A is in a better financial position. I didn’t use specific examples such as Apple outsourcing employment as a method of global financial management. All my content was perfect, my headings and order were directly memorised from the syllabus. On the day It did not cross my mind to include case studies! I am very worried. If anyone could let me know to the best they can, what mark I may be able to get if I didn’t include case studies would be much appreciated! (Ps the teacher marking said the maximum mark for a business essay without case studies was 10/20) I just need greater insight into where I may be sitting in terms of my essay mark! Thank you
18 depending on your teacher. The case studies are for adding realism, if your hypotheticals are good enough, it should serve the same purpose as a real case study.

Take this with a grain of salt cause I did use a real case study and a hypothetical in externals, but idk my mark split for the essay.

ChantalMilani12

HSC
18 depending on your teacher. The case studies are for adding realism, if your hypotheticals are good enough, it should serve the same purpose as a real case study.

Take this with a grain of salt cause I did use a real case study and a hypothetical in externals, but idk my mark split for the essay.
Thankyou for your quick reply! I will let you know how I go! This has given me a bit more confidence surrounding my ability!

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
hi! in one of my mock trials I basically did the same thing as you. I didn't have any real case studies prepared so I made them all 'hypothetical', but my content knowledge was perfect. I got an 18/20 but my teacher said it could have been a 17/20 too. I reckon that's what you'll get, provided your content was immaculate. u say that it didn't cross ur mind to include case studies but technically you did, they were just hypothetical which is acceptable in the HSC too but not recommended obviously. if you really expanded on your hypothetical scenarios then you can easily get an 18/20, tbh I thought I'd get a maximum of 16. so yea don't worry too much.

ChantalMilani12

HSC
hi! in one of my mock trials I basically did the same thing as you. I didn't have any real case studies prepared so I made them all 'hypothetical', but my content knowledge was perfect. I got an 18/20 but my teacher said it could have been a 17/20 too. I reckon that's what you'll get, provided your content was immaculate. u say that it didn't cross ur mind to include case studies but technically you did, they were just hypothetical which is acceptable in the HSC too but not recommended obviously. if you really expanded on your hypothetical scenarios then you can easily get an 18/20, tbh I thought I'd get a maximum of 16. so yea don't worry too much.
Thankyou for your reply! I received my mark today. I got a 15/20, the teacher commented to use more case studies to support ideas. I'm not too worried as I know how to improve for next time! Thankyou for replying!

ChantalMilani12

HSC

Hi ! I received my mark today. I got a 15/20, the teacher commented to use more case studies to support ideas. I'm not too worried as I know how to improve for next time! Thankyou for replying and helping me feel a bit more confident!

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
Hi ! I received my mark today. I got a 15/20, the teacher commented to use more case studies to support ideas. I'm not too worried as I know how to improve for next time! Thankyou for replying and helping me feel a bit more confident!
ohhhh I see, no worries! well done, you still did great and I'm glad ur aware of how to improve : )

jenii14

HSC
N/A
Don't worry too much! I asked my teacher and he always says that if you can't remember a case study try make a hypothetical one up. So obviously your not going to get as much marks as you would with an actual case study but you will still get a sufficient amount of marks

Johnno1234

HSC
Don't worry about the mark, let it come and focus on areas needing of improvement. To be honest for the financial management strategies question, I tried to make up case studies that seemed relevant and realistic. But nevertheless you'll score decently high dependant if you've followed the criteria and don't stress. The more worrying you do the worse, just know that you did your best, which counts more in such exams and particularly life.

ChantalMilani12

HSC
Don't worry too much! I asked my teacher and he always says that if you can't remember a case study try make a hypothetical one up. So obviously your not going to get as much marks as you would with an actual case study but you will still get a sufficient amount of marks
Thankyou for your help! I will try remember live case studies in preparation but know in worst case scenario I should make up a hypothetical case study to prove my argument! Thankyou

ChantalMilani12

HSC
Don't worry about the mark, let it come and focus on areas needing of improvement. To be honest for the financial management strategies question, I tried to make up case studies that seemed relevant and realistic. But nevertheless you'll score decently high dependant if you've followed the criteria and don't stress. The more worrying you do the worse, just know that you did your best, which counts more in such exams and particularly life.
Wow! Thankyou. I agree!, the more you stress the worse I will do. It is so important to keep a calm mind even when you know you didn't achieve what you expected! I scored 15/20 so it is not too bad for a trial and I know where to improve, which, like you said, is the most important thing to focus on! Good luck to your for your hsc year!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)