• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Failure rate for Chem1011 (1 Viewer)

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
Omium said:
Could you post a pik or a link to a pik of her.
I think i might have her for a tute. but i dont know her name :S
if you dont know how she looks like then you dont have her for tute. shes quite a memorable person

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
BIGTYMA said:
if you dont know how she looks like then you dont have her for tute. shes quite a memorable person
I mean, i dont know what her name is.
I prolly do have her for a tute but i dont know what her name is :S.

So yer, anybody got a pik or a link to a pik?

Morbo

HSC
I have her for MATS1101 for the chem component and had her for CHEM1031 last semester. You know you have her if your tutor writes on the whiteboard whilst looking at the class (she also wear glasses occasionally whilst reading questions in the tutes - i think shes shortsighted).
Does anybody else here hate their lab demonstrators to the point you wouldnt mind them being hit by a car on their way to the university just so you could have a replacement superviser?

EdmondDW

HSC
Morbo said:
I have her for MATS1101 for the chem component and had her for CHEM1031 last semester. You know you have her if your tutor writes on the whiteboard whilst looking at the class (she also wear glasses occasionally whilst reading questions in the tutes - i think shes shortsighted).
Does anybody else here hate their lab demonstrators to the point you wouldnt mind them being hit by a car on their way to the university just so you could have a replacement superviser?
I dont like my demonstor very much..........................................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!He always gave me low marks without any reasons!!!!:angry:

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Morbo said:
lol Ive DEFINETLY GOT HER for two tutes and two labs per week

Morbo

HSC
EdmondDW said:
I dont like my demonstor very much..........................................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!He always gave me low marks without any reasons!!!!:angry:
Who do you have? I always seem to get stuck with an asian demonstrator except for MATS1101, I've got Joe Brophy and he's cool. But my CHEM1011 demonstrator is useless, she walks around aimlessly during labs and when you come to herwith a question they never give you a straight answer or you dont understand what the hell they just told you and go back to your lab space wondering "how the hell do I always end up with such shit demonstrators?".

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Morbo said:
Who do you have? I always seem to get stuck with an asian demonstrator except for MATS1101, I've got Joe Brophy and he's cool. But my CHEM1011 demonstrator is useless, she walks around aimlessly during labs and when you come to herwith a question they never give you a straight answer or you dont understand what the hell they just told you and go back to your lab space wondering "how the hell do I always end up with such shit demonstrators?".
lol i love joe brophy. he is awesome

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I had a guy called Alex Duan for 1011. He was an awesome, awesome tutor. Pretty lenient with the rules in the lab too, which was fun because my lab partner was hilarious. Filled a beaker with dry ice and left it on the table, it got stuck and the rest of the lab was spent trying to vapourise the dry ice without him seeing it. :rofl:

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Omium said:
lol i love joe brophy. he is awesome
yeah he happen to be me lab demonstratoar

Nebuchanezzar said:
I had a guy called Alex Duan for 1011. He was an awesome, awesome tutor. Pretty lenient with the rules in the lab too, which was fun because my lab partner was hilarious. Filled a beaker with dry ice and left it on the table, it got stuck and the rest of the lab was spent trying to vapourise the dry ice without him seeing it. :rofl:
haha lolol at the dry ice

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Morbo said:
Hell yeah, I got a real crappy demonstrator in Chem as well (Btw 1031/1041 tutors tended to be real crappy back in my time), anyway whenever you ask them a question, its almost like asking a philosophy lecturer what the meaning of life is.

Or

You get the response, well you know "xx" right" Think about it...and walks away.

If you get a really nice 1st year Phd tutor, they tend to give you the answers or at the very least the answers to the prac itself and leaving a few for you to complete and hand in.

I reckon Chem & Bio courses are there in UNSW to shock you into studying or not studying at all for the rest of your 3 years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)