failure rate of accg100 ? (1 Viewer)

manavji

HSC
N/A
accg100 is intro accounting unit.. dont think the failure rate is high, when i did it last year first semester I found it pretty easy.

goodluck

chooper821

HSC
cool.. so would you say that accounting gets easier or harder...
like a lot of people have told me that at first it is hard then all of a sudden it just clicks...
also in 2nd year accounting does this build on the knowledge gained in accg100, ie ledgers and inventory, closing/adjusting entries etc or does it take a totally different direction with new concepts ??

rajputsingh

HSC
2nd year subjects mostly continue on with assumed knowledge from year 1

manavji

HSC
N/A
cool.. so would you say that accounting gets easier or harder...
like a lot of people have told me that at first it is hard then all of a sudden it just clicks...
Dont think it gets harder or easier depending on which year the unit comes from... it totally depends on each individual... thers both theory and practical units from 2nd year onwards... if you are a theory person, ul find theory based units easier... if ur a practical person, ul find units like accg200, accg252 etc. easier... if u dont mind both then ul do well in all units... people say one unit is harder than the other... but they cant rly test you on rocket science, everything tested is accounting and within its boundaries (which isnt a lot to be honest)

also in 2nd year accounting does this build on the knowledge gained in accg100, ie ledgers and inventory, closing/adjusting entries etc or does it take a totally different direction with new concepts ??
umm yeah some things carry on, from my knowledge.. in ACCG200, there were T-account ledgers, which we first did in accg100... however the ledgers were based on inventories mainly (raw materials inventory, work in process inventory etc), not on general accounts like cash at bank etc... and in accg224, there were journal entries on partnerships and companies.. and also a cash flow statement which we learned in accg100/101..

so yes, while each unit in 2nd and 3rd year introduces something new, the general principles are the same for each unit in regards to debits/credits etc. which you learn in accg100/101.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)