• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Falling Behind In Maths (1 Viewer)

sannous1

HSC
Hey You guys, we started a new topic in maths called "Plane Geometry and Linear Functions" and we have to do 24 maths exercises in 14 days,so we can manage our time with the other topics, so were doing 2 exercises a day, and im not managing because i got assignments and also my half yearlies. And i dnt wanna drop 2unit maths cause i cnt manage it, i can, but i need special attention for maths, i cnt have anythn else on my mind like exams.
What should i do? :(

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
sannous1 said:
Hey You guys, we started a new topic in maths called "Plane Geometry and Linear Functions" and we have to do 24 maths exercises in 14 days,so we can manage our time with the other topics, so were doing 2 exercises a day, and im not managing because i got assignments and also my half yearlies. And i dnt wanna drop 2unit maths cause i cnt manage it, i can, but i need special attention for maths, i cnt have anythn else on my mind like exams.
What should i do? :(
Do every second question, books tend to get repittive anywyas.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
24 maths exercises in 14 days sounds abit too much. How big are they though ?

Roguedeth

HSC
24 in 14 days seems doable but i too would like to know how big they are

adidasboy

weee
HSC
are you guys cramming because your class fell behind? I'd just quickly do the questions covering content for the half-yearlys and leave the rest later. Finish the assignments first, study for exams. Then finish the rest of the exercises.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
do less of the questions you find easy and focus more on the questions you find difficult

Last edited:

sannous1

HSC
Continuum said:
24 maths exercises in 14 days sounds abit too much. How big are they though ?
they probably got lik 10 questions in each exercise with like a - f depends .a.. but lik wat adidas boy said, i might just study for my other exams and do my assignments and then catch up on the exercises, and no were not behind, our teacher has just made like a timetable on how much to spend on each topic, so we can finish at around week 7 next term

anywayz i mite jst do every couple of questions, whenvr i get sik of studyn for the other subjects..

ive just been feeling really guilty cause i havent touched my maths book for the last week u noe .

anywho thanks u guys use realii helpd me :)

selablad

HSC
kaz1 said:
do less of the questions you find easy and focus more on the questions you find difficult?
yeah I agree, if it's too much don't waste your time with pointless ones just for the sake of doing them

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
sannous1 said:
they probably got lik 10 questions in each exercise with like a - f depends .a.. but lik wat adidas boy said, i might just study for my other exams and do my assignments and then catch up on the exercises, and no were not behind, our teacher has just made like a timetable on how much to spend on each topic, so we can finish at around week 7 next term

anywayz i mite jst do every couple of questions, whenvr i get sik of studyn for the other subjects..

ive just been feeling really guilty cause i havent touched my maths book for the last week u noe .

anywho thanks u guys use realii helpd me :)
That's alot of questions if there's 24 exercises. :(

But yeah, I'd say focus on you rexams and assignments first.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
What textbook/s are you using?

jazzbaby

HSC
im like a whole chapter behind in math..somehow i will manage to catch up by tomorrow night haha

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
jazzbaby said:
im like a whole chapter behind in math..somehow i will manage to catch up by tomorrow night haha
Been there, done that, proscrastinated more, didn't work, screwed up. That's the entire story of my Year 8 Maths put into 10 words. :p

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
sannous1 said:
Um its just called" 2 unit mathematics Book 1" S.B JONES and K.E COUCHMAN"
:S weird
That book is decent. It gives relevant questions. I suggest you complete all the exercises if it is possible. Get the 2nd one if you can.

I have both books and I think they are great. They have got a good range of questions. Good luck with those books!!!

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Aerath said:
Been there, done that, proscrastinated more, didn't work, screwed up. That's the entire story of my Year 8 Maths put into 10 words. :p
Junior maths seems so easy compared to senior maths. I honestly did shit all for junior maths - just copied the answers from the back. :hammer:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Continuum said:
Junior maths seems so easy compared to senior maths. I honestly did shit all for junior maths - just copied the answers from the back. :hammer:
Yeah, been there, done that too. I did shitass in Year 8 class tests - but really well in the Half yearlies/Yearlies (and of course, ELLA). :)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
Yeah, been there, done that too. I did shitass in Year 8 class tests - but really well in the Half yearlies/Yearlies (and of course, ELLA). :)
It's SNAP :p

TurkStyle

HSC
i got lower than expected marks in all my subjects and am feeling really bad
like rank 25 for them

anyone have some tips on how to get on ure feet or feel better after doing bad??

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
TurkStyle said:
i got lower than expected marks in all my subjects and am feeling really bad
like rank 25 for them

anyone have some tips on how to get on ure feet or feel better after doing bad??
study more i guess. :D

jazzbaby

HSC
Aerath said:

haha
i STILL have not caught up and am gettin further and further behind..
i WILL do maths tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)