Falling behind. (1 Viewer)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
what do you do when you've screwd up this year...almost..beyond repair?

i'm so far behind in some of my subjects its unbelievable. i never did h/w because i felt it was unimportant compared to whatever else i had to do
i never was able to achieve a balance with my subjects
i always put an emphasis on assessments

and hence everything not assessed, i fell behind in.

i'm now terms worth of work behind in some subjects.

i've done well in assessments but wth do i do for trials/hsc with these gaping canyons in my knowledge of the syllabus?

:(

Stoopid Idiot

HSC
N/A
same with my problem,but it's due my depression I can't handle
the EAS thing will not help me

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah me too. I am really far behind in revising for English, maths, maths extension. Basically there is so much to cover in so little time. This is the point where i regret not studying consistently.

Loza33

HSC
I am sitting here... atetmtping to write an essay that is due tomorrow... that i have been attempting to write for 4 weeks...

Our drama teacher went away and left us with an assessment on australian theare - the topic our replacement teacher was supposed to teach us....

Our replaecment did nothing, we know nothing, COMPLETELY STUFFED!!

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
If worst comes to worse and you cannot see yourself catching up in every subject, rather than fail everything and then spend a whole year doing them ALL over again at TAFE or something like that, perhaps it is worth speaking to the HSC advisor at your school and see if you can do Pathways and do half your HSC this year and half next year.

That would allow you this time to catch up on half your subjects this year and then redo the others next year.

It would also mean you are less stressed and will get less sick. Stress=sick.

It may take one extra year to get where you wanted to be at the end of this year BUT life is long and full of wonderful things, one extra year won't kill you (nor is it shameful).

Hope that helps.

See page 7 of this booklet:
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/schoolcertificate/pdf_doc/studying_for_hsc_06.pdf

-pari-

HSC
N/A
thanks for the suggestion ^

but pathways isn't an option for me :) thanks though. :eek:

Stoopid Idiot

HSC
N/A
oh no,another year is not an option for me
if i'm failed this year i'm gonna suicide for sure
i'm already 22,have nothing,stuck here

i just have 8 weeks from last Monday to the trial
i'm very very panic right now

Sofstar

HSC
I'm so owing my english teacher some essays, many essays which i havent been able to do because of assessments.

Also behind in bio notes because we've just rushed through some things.

Long weekend/holidays= catch up work and study.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
lol arghh im behind too , im way behind on notes , and havent done most of my practical work cos of assessments :(
dw -pari- , try your hardest ! :)

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Here comes the assessment block.

*Sam waves goodbye to courses he wants to study*

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Like Without Wings said, efficient work is probably the best way to overcome this stressful period. At times like this, it is good to start things all over again, even though it may be difficult. Writing down all your subjects on paper and then jotting down a few major areas that you need to improve on/cover will give you a simple guide so that you will be able to see what you need to do.

Possibly the best thing to do would probably be to purchase/borrow some study guides (if you havn't so already) or use HSC ONLINE and highlight the major points and then make simple dot point notes for your topics that you believe you should have covered already. Ask your teacher for some advice individually.

Simple yet productive work will definitely get you back on track and to stay positive. I guess in a way it's similar to counting numbers with your fingers for maths IN THE HSC EXAM, but really it doesn't matter just as long as you get the correct outcome in the end. It's simple yet productive.

A study lady came into my school and told us (from her experience and from the experiences of other students' that she's seen) that it's never too late to prepare purely for the HSC exams unless it's about a week or 2 before. But in this case, you have 10 weeks or so until your trial exams (well for my school atleast), and added to that is about 14 or so weeks until the HSC. That's a huge amount of time to get back on track.

Personally, if I'm in a negative situation, I picture myself sitting my last HSC exam (Studies of religion 2unit), and putting my pen down and then immediately reflecting back throughout the year...and I ask myself, did I do enough or could I have done more?

I also imagine/picture my position a few weeks ahead from the present; I'm either:
1) Stressing out bad and whining OR
2) I'm dedicated and determined with my head down

If you believe you can do it, put your head down and you will gradually come back on path and soon enough, eventhough the progress will be hard, you will be well-prepared for the trials and HSC exams. And on the day when you get your UAI, you can think back and declare to your self re-assuringly, "I believe I deserve that UAI!"

Good luck.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
I'm behind in all my subjects too <.<
Without Wings said:
You just do your best and work hard to fill in these gaps. Try setting a study routine and organising time to fill in these gaps and catch up. If you can, talk to your teacher about getting help with specific areas you are struggling with etc.

Get a copy of your syllabus, your textbook, school workbook and any other resources you have for subjects and work your way through it making notes. It really won't take that long if you set your mind to it and work effectively. Then you can move onto doing practice questions etc.

You have holidays coming up soon....use those to your advantage.
Of course, of course, efficient work is essential to catch up, but just *how* do you improve your efficiency? I'm just so slow these days, my brain is so rusty that I can almost hear it squeak. :S

Gotta get everything done before the holidays. I'd be too occupied with something else to do anything substantial then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)