• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Family Assessment Help (1 Viewer)

oHWHaT.

HSC
N/A
Hey ppl i really badly need your help..
ive got a family essay 2 do thats worth a lot and ive been unable 2 find anything useful so far. the essay question is:
-> 'Assess the role of legal processes and institutions in achieving justice in the family' <-
Any, and i repeat, ANY help on this would be great.
Thanxx =/

NRuus

Australialainen Suomessa
HSC
You need to put in case law and statute law and changes and such. Stuff like the moving of the focus of parental rights in the Family Law Reform Act 1995 (Cwlth) to children's rights and parental responsibilities. The Crimes (Domestic Violence) Amendment Act 1982 (NSW) and the impact it had in asserting the criminal nature of domestic violence(AVO's etc.). Changes in divorce law and such as well.

Make sure to include examples.

Hope that helps a little bit!

oHWHaT.

HSC
N/A
Hey.. im still abit unsure on a couple of things.
Do i basically assess the role of stuff like the family court and statute law, how this has changed, and how this plays a huge impact in achieving justice in the family??
Any help would be useful 2 me at this point.. thanks.

Mc_Meaney

Banned
HSC
Family Court - Less formal, less expensive, specifically designed and trained judges,

Statute Law ---> Adoption Laws, Domestic Violence Laws (see other thread in here) Family Law Act 1975 - no fault divorce.

Crap on a bit.

I suggest you look at the syllabus descriptors (the words the begin each question, in this case "Assess") and do what it says :)

GL

oHWHaT.

HSC
N/A
thanks mc meany, im gonna need it lol!

who knows another 'legal process or institution' i can use besides the family court and statute law ? =\

Mc_Meaney

Banned
HSC
Isnt there like...court based mediation or something that prevents the need for goin to court...cant remember the name of it...

But in divorce cases, um Mediation must occur before a Decree Nisi will be granted (then followed by Decree Absolute)

There may not be anymore, but i suggest lookin up the family court and scroll your tb, that should have relevant info :)

GL again

Mc_Meaney

Banned
HSC
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND PROTECTION ORDERS ACT 2001

Abolished the AVO (Apprehended Violence Order) and put it into two distinct catagories:
APVO - Personal Violence Order, basically against anyone really
ADVO - Domestic Violence Order - taken out against someone like a husband you live with. It is a RED ALERT for police (meanin they must respond - priority!)
THis was done after public pressure due to the number of deathes resulting from police having to priotise each AVO individually (of course a breach by a random is far less serious than the one u live with whos got a knive)

That is another "PROCESS"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)