Fantastic 4 (2 Viewers)

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
overthaedge said:
ioan gruffud
p.s. he was in the hornblower as well.
w0w someone else actually watches hornblower....ioan is great in it...

i thought f4 was a bit sorta meh...the final battle was pretty shit i though.

so a tad cheesy, my friend described it to have a "power-rangers feel", but worth seeing it i spose

persephone

HSC
I went to watch it because of Ioan Gruffudd. But I really didn't like it. I was slinking further down my seat during the movie because I was so bored of it. It went for way too long. They're making another 2 of them. And I'm only going to watch them because Ioan's in it.

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
I just saw it today, and I thought it was very well made, the effects were great and nothing seemed to gimmicky in the plot development (well, not a lot :p). Overall I'd give it a 7.5/10, and I'd say it is at least worth seeing, good entertainment for about 2 hours or so.

jennylim

HSC
miss_b said:
Is the guy who plays mr fantastic in titanic? Well, it looks like one of the people who worked on it anyway...
yep. he's the "is there anyone alive out there??" guy. plus he's in hornblower. aah the hotness of ioan gruffudd *sighs* but unfortunately he's a bit old now.

taxman

make poverty
HSC
Perfect casting I thought. I was a huge fan of the comic as a youngin and thought this movie would be toss according to the trailers, but it was great. The first Marvel adaptation that had humour present throughout. I loved it...I've always loved the Ben Grimm/Thing sidestory and it came across really well on film. I loved how they decided to have The Thing as a real character rather than completely computer generated. Great adaptation, my favourite of all the Marvel adaptations...I won't even talk about DC, they're comics were crap and the films went accordingly. Did anybody else really despise Batman Begins? It got rave reviews everywhere....I thought it was on par with stale dingo shit as far as entertainment value goes.

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
jennylim said:
yep. he's the "is there anyone alive out there??" guy. plus he's in hornblower. aah the hotness of ioan gruffudd *sighs* but unfortunately he's a bit old now.
He's not that old...:p

Only about 30 right?

I just read it was him too in 102 dalmations...

@taxman: batman begins was great! I never liked batman moives/cartoons but my friends convinced me to watch it and it ended up being much better than i expected...

It made me cry a little bit too :p just like most of the movies i have watched...

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
saw it today.
jessica alba needs to act better. esp when she was acting out her powers :/
chris evans... fucking hot & funny as hell. <3 him

PwarYuex said:
The part with Ben/The Thing and his wife was also silly, and tried to highlight the ever present theme of "The Hero is a lonely person", although it would seem reasonable for Ben to turn to his friends for comfort, as it would be easier to relate to them and not some random lady who walks around Manhatten in her underwear.
haha wtf ? that was his wife.

Last edited by a moderator:

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
in titanic, ioan gruffudd was the guy who rowed the boat and yelled "is anyone alive out there?"

anyway, watched the movie last night, not my choice... i only went coz of jessica alba! i was expecting it to be like daredevil/elektra (i was dragged to both of those)... some of the effects looked VERY fake, and there were some cheesy lines here and there - "call me DOOM!" :p

but surprisingly, i laughed a lot and quite enjoyed it.

HSC
artheterosexual said:
That would be wicked. Anyway I thought Fantastic Four was enjoyable apart from the faux sentimental parts that Hollywood feels it has to force feed you every single movie. But overall it was a much more lighthearted take on the whole comic book/movie appropriation and was the funniest of them to date. Oh and one more thing, maybe its just me, but since when have Comic book fan boys been synonimous with "extreme" sports like motocross and snowboarding, it got a little too MTV.

HSC
artheterosexual said:
That would be wicked. Anyway I thought Fantastic Four was enjoyable apart from the faux sentimental parts that Hollywood feels it has to force feed you every single movie. But overall it was a much more lighthearted take on the whole comic book/movie appropriation and was the funniest of them to date. Oh and one more thing, maybe its just me, but since when have Comic book fan boys been synonymous with "extreme" sports like motocross and snowboarding, it got a little too MTV.

white lady

No Motivation Whatsoever
HSC
Hate it, Hollywood has lost its' creativity.
The only thing that's good about it is Ioan in it and his a major Welsh hottie and i know when his acting is great.

funniboi

HSC
the movie is 'ok', not that great, i didn't expect much from another marvel film anyway. i just hope they don't make a part 2 or anything :/

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
I have to agree with some people. It was O.k.

Not really on par with say X-men and I'd have to admit I enjoyed The Increibles more for its cleverness.

They used their powers but it was quite limited (with the exception of the very end)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)