FAQ - Frontline (1 Viewer)

Jerruy

HSC
We need to visually represent techniques used by one character distort the truth through one episode.

Which episode is good for this and what are some techniques used to distort the truth??

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
every episode is great.

the first that comes to mind for me is either playing the ego card or the siege.

however if you want to be unique or different, maybe try another ep, as i think most people in your class would select the above two.

Jerruy

HSC
what are examples of some techniques used to distort the truth?

HSC
Tell me, does anybody desperately hate this module? I don't see how anybody will really write anything hugely different from anybody else. Frontline is a great show but, christ, there's only so much to say about film technique.

Buuuuut maybe that's just me...

kloudsurfer

HSC
I have a question.

Ive been doing some revision and i came across this quote:

'The media is first and foremost a business.'

Is this a quote from frontline? If so, what episode is it from?

It was just written randomly in my book somewhere, Im not sure where i got it from!

Thanks

SituationNoir

HSC
Hello.
So, this may not be relevant and may have already been mentioned, however, I did an assessment today and my question was:

"The truth is dependant on a variety of agendas"
Discuss....

So, I used two ORTs and 3 episodes of frontline. There's no real limit as to how many you can use and the way my essay was structured, There was on episode that really firmly backed up one of my points but I used two episodes to back up another point because It was stronger that way, so..if that made any sense..yeeeah. Lol.

As for the quote kloudsurfer mentioned, I don't know that it's from frontline. It could be, it's just that I've seen it used in quite a few things..speeches, statements, books etc...so, it may be used somewhere in frontline but I don't think it's specifically 'from' frontline. It would be interesting to see who wrote it first. :)

kloudsurfer

HSC
Dont worry Ive found where it came from.

Its not from Frontline, it was a quote by Marshal McLuhan, some media critic guy.

ashleypage

HSC
I would like to know which HSC exam paper asked for a specific episode, although I doubt OP would still be hanging around.

Anyone?

w00dy.

HSC
ashleypage said:
I would like to know which HSC exam paper asked for a specific episode, although I doubt OP would still be hanging around.

Anyone?
i dont think they have asked for a specific episode yet, our teacher has always said that there is a chance they could, so you just have to be prepared for anything, by that she suggested we have understandings of all episodes etc.... just to be on the safe side

ashleypage

HSC
Yeah I don't think they have either, that's why I was asking to actually see the question that OP said had been in the HSC.
=]

all4gsus

HSC
i've gone back to the 2001 paper and haven't found on that specifies... but it could be earlier than that.....?

Self-Proclaimed

HSC
Does anyone know a website where I can download the full transcripts of the main frontline episodes? Thanks.

kooltrainer

HSC
isnt this module very basic? it just asks u to find how truth is distorted ... jus give quotes, paraphrases to support ur agurment?
but i got a feeling theres more because otherwise, everyones essay would be very similar

Twilight25

HSC
What aspects are there in the Night of Nights show?

I just dont get this episode at all...

popcorn-man

HSC
heh, i find film studies harder, and way more difficult to write about, and since we've only done the siege, add sex and stir, playing the ego card, and smaller fish to fry, ive got barely an essay to write, more like a longer short answer :S

saltgunner

HSC
woo, thank you soooo much for all of this!
Its great to have a summary of all the eps, because so much goes on in each individual one, and its hard to keep track of what happened where, etc. If that makes sense...:uhoh:

But yeah, thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)